Dumaguete Info Search

Purchasing Vitamins

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rick&Sue, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Can anyone recommend a good shop to purchase vitamins -- preferably in "bulk" (bottles of 500ct) versus "per piece?"

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    There is a shop in the far back left side of Ever Mall. They sell Kirkland and other imported vitamins. You can get the whole container or per piece.
    It has a Travel sign on the front and also sell's clothes.
    Ron

3. OP
    OP
    Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Fantastic, thanks Ron! :smile:

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Be careful guys...some of kirkland products all over Philippines are found to be fake.Don't buy synthetic made vitamin E, it wont get in to your system. Affordable way to buy medicines/vitamins in a wise way is to contact a medical representatives at the hospitals rotating visiting to their assigned Doctors for the promotion of their medicines, they usually deal it 1 bottle plus 1 bottle, 3bottles plus 1 bottle, or 2 bottles plus 1 bottle. Usually medical rep invades the city of Dumaguete every Wednesday and Thursday.

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    newbie27, thanks for the information. I have talked to the owner and she says it comes from Costco in the U.S. I feel confident that's true. There is another Chinese store that sell's the same product, but I have no idea if it's real or not.
    Ron

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Just check the expiration date BEFORE buying! :D

7. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Also, the Ever Mall vitamin lady has many other known brands besides Kirkland.
    After seeing her prices and not finding anyone else comparable, I reckon she'll get my business from now on.

She had a 400 count of Omega 3 fish oil and wanted 1600 for the entire bottle. The Chinaman who has the pharmacy in Lee Plaza wanted 7200 for an entire identical bottle. I just about fainted. Double checked to be sure I was understanding them correctly. Indeed it was 7 thousand 2 hundred pesos. Needless to say, that dude won't be getting any business from me.

As cheap as sardines are here, there really is no need to overpay for Omega 3 caps.

8. MrClean

MrClean DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Natural vs synthetic Vitamin E, from what I've read, is that synthetic has in theory about half the vitamin activity as the natural. Or, 400 IUs of synthetic would have the potency of 200 IUs of natural.
    When you check the label, natural Vitamin E will be referred to as d-Alpha Tocopheryl, and synthetic will be labeled as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl. Synthetic won't hurt you, it just won't be as potent in equal doses.

Experimentally, the ratio activities of the two are 1 to 1.36 or the synthetic being 74% of the natural. I've read it that way too. If you can find natural Vit E, then buy it, but if all one can find is synthetic, they do not need to dismiss it as worthless, just be aware of the differences and adjust accordingly.
    As I mentioned in another thread, selenium is very important to take along with your Vit E. I read years ago in Prevention magazine that taking them together as for increased effect would be like instead of 2+2=4, that 2+2=6.
    That indicates to me that synthetic taken with selenium would be more effective than natural E taken alone. Of course natural E plus selenium would be best.

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Mr. Clean, Thanks for the information. Her name is Gina, she has been very helpful.
    Ron

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You can also check out Optimum Trader where you have your currencies changed. They also have imported vitamins which you can buy per piece or per bottle. I know that the prices there are more reasonable than anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.