Dumaguete Info Search

Questions on area

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by navytexan, Jul 1, 2011.

1. navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My wife purchased land off of Buniao road in Dumaquete. Does anyone know if this is a good area for Expat ? I'm still uncertain if they even have water/sewer/electrical avail for that area.:eek: She hasn't lived there in like 20 something years so i'm asking you very seasoned local's in hopes that you can shine a light on the neighborhood my future shack will be. I have so many question's like how for do I have to travel to the nearest bar ?:D

2. OP
    OP
    navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG] picture of lot and brother-inlaw .

3. OP
    OP
    navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG] picture of lot and niece

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Just kiddin' Tex, :D Buñao's alright, pretty close to everything.

5. OP
    OP
    navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Manzanita that's just what I want. My wife told me there's a stream or canal behind property. I'm hoping that it doesn't like flood the whole place. My brother-inlaw told me he went there to collect coconuts and someone had already packed them up and headed to market. I told him you snooze you lose !

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    NavyTexan, have you asked if the lot is on a road or if you need access through other's property to get at it, and to bring water and electricty and cable into it? Maybe you can view it on Google Earth...

7. OP
    OP
    navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Pat she told me it's about 1/4 mile of main road. The road off main road is not asphalt but looks to be being made ready for it in the future. There are two foreigner's she's been told that live down that road a African-American that operates some kind of bus or van business and a Japanesse family. Both of whom's houses are closer to the main road. She told me it's like undeveloped farm land /small ranch / urban jungle :D. But the land is right off of the unasphalted road. I tried to see the location on google earth just need someone to clear all the tree's out so I can see it :D .

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    So the questions you may want to ask are: Do you have to pay for a right-a-way access to your property (probably so). How much will it cost to run power and water to your lot? Do you care about cable tv? Is there a primary Noreco line available or secondary? is it in a flood zone? Are there karaoke places nearby? Have taxes been paid on the land? Does your spouse have the "Title" to the land? What will you do with the land? Do you have the money to build what you want? I think what most of the experienced members here would recommend is come here, stay in a hotel, check out the property and everything that implies, and layout plan A, B, C, you may need multiples. Lots of people here to help you. Good luck.

9. OP
    OP
    navytexan

navytexan DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Pat for the advice. And the hundreds of more questions that popped into my head :confused: My wife has title . The land is in city limits . Does have electric line. Land is off public road. Water and cable I'm not sure yet. Sewer is most likely going to mean septic tank so it better not be flood zone :eek: . Wife told me it's quit area, but after reading later post on here about noise pollution I cannot believe it . I look forward to visiting there soon.

10. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My friends here say that the area around my apartment is very quiet. Some even say that they wouldn't like it because it's too "mingaw". But Dumaguete is by far the loudest place I've ever lived. (5 countries, several states, NYC, etc.) Most Filipinos love noise and aren't comfortable in anything anywhere close to silence. So your wife's idea of quiet may not line up with yours.