Dumaguete Info Search

Recommendation for Wife Starter Motorbike

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Thanks Clear Copy. Which one would you select for a wife? I am not concerned about fuel economy, priority is on handling, safety, ease of use. We will have a look at both of those this week.

2. mjdistj

mjdistj DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have a Yamaha Mio automatic, perfect for someone learning to ride a motorbike and no worries about changing gears...

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I remember an interesting lesson my GF had back in Germany when we went to a dealer to buy a bike for her. He laid a used bike flat down on the ground and asked her to put it back to stand. She failed and he told her:

"If you are not able to handle a bike in a static position you will never control it safely when driving it, no matter how your driving skills are".. well, she had to downgrade to 400cc.

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Thanks, sounds like a bike that might be what she needs.

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Have a Yamaha Mio for almost 2 years a great thing for city rides. Average fuel consumption 1:35. Have no idea what the Honda Wave 100cc will consume. Generally an automatic bike consumes more than a bike with manual gear shift.

6. clear copy

clear copy DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    For ease of use which usually translates in road safety then go for the Yamaha Mio... or if you are a Honda fan there's the Honda Beat which is also a scooter like the Mio. My girlfriend "borrows" my Mio everyday and leaves her Honda Wave 100 so I guess your wife will also love using the Mio. I gives you a smooth ride in city streets.

7. TradeWind

TradeWind DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rhoody,

Broomstick indeed!

My only experience is with the Honda "Beat" and I would definitely recommend this machine, with one caveat. The wheels are small and it does not do well on rough roads. But the ease of operation, the quality and refinement, the automatic transmission/shaft drive makes it too easy. Got a new one last year in Larena for about 65,000P. More power than you will ever need.

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Pat thats 2 votes for the Honda "Beat"...
    Check that little scooter out, it's a good ride.

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Thanks all, will check out the Beat and the Mio today, hope they have stock here in Dgte.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.