Dumaguete Info Search

Recommendation for Wife Starter Motorbike

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,552 / 1,017
    Thanks for all your inputs. Turns out the Honda Beat was 17,000 less than the Yamaha Mio, as well as lighter weight and a more comfortable fit for my wife. Honda had two in stock so we bought the one with better wheels and tires for a little more.

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Congrats, Good choice in my opinion.
    Ron

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yeahhhhh Success!

:smile: Pat! can I be Cheeky and upfront, How much was the total Cost? We may well get one for our helper, Subject to your reports later. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

(Hope things are going well for the happy event)

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,552 / 1,017
    Jack, sent you a pm on the details.

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I paid 63.000 pesos, COD, for a brand new Mio. After reading your post, you must have paid only 46.000 pesos for a NEW Honda Beat!!!??? Assuming you're not talking about a 2nd hand one.

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,552 / 1,017
    Incorrect assumption. Your comparison is two years old but be happy with that price you paid. This week, if you check out the Yamaha dealer on Perdices, the Mios we looked at had a price tag of 73,000. Not sure if the Japanese yen has spiked or what but you should verify your data before questioning my post! The economy has changed the last two years, in case you're not keeping up with it.

The Beat is very much less of a bike than the Mio, but will be perfect for my wife.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    always my favorite posts, hehe

I send you a pm
    yes i replied your pm and mailed you
    yes got it, I replied your mail
    check your mail cause i replied your pm also about the email-reminder of the last pm i forwarded to you via ym :wink:

8. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'll bet a lot of Harley riders cannot pick one up if it is on its side. Not a good criteria imho.

9. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Someone just mentioned recently the underbones and/or scooters keep your feet dry in the rain instead of it splashing up from the front tire like on a regular bike.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I absolutely don't care about Harley or scooter driver. If you can't hold your bike in static position you are not able to handle it and it is too big. That is simple physics. That can be seen each day on the streets of Duamguete, when small people have to stop in a turn and can't hold their bike in a slight ankle and need to "follow up jumps" half way to the other side if the road to "catch " the weight.

And I am not talking about any tricky situation, where someone need to break a bit harder... just from rolling to standing in while turning left or right...

For quite some Harley driver a wheelchair would be more appropriate anyway.Just because they can afford one does not mean they should move it on a public street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.