Dumaguete Info Search

Recommendations for BI mandated trip?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Dave & Imp, Aug 31, 2016.

1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I try to bring absolutely everything I think I will need in electronics unless I am absolutely certain I can get it without much fuss in the Philippines but it sounds like a fun trip to go browse electronics. I know some people who browse home improvement stores for fun and other people who go to electronics stores. I like to do both.:smile:

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure I would call the market a place to browse for home improvement items but a couple streets over there are several blocs of different specialty hardware stores which I also enjoyed walking past and browsing.

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I used to know some 'yachties' who live at the dock in Carmen, near Danao. It seems to me they just took a sail out on the water and then came back and registered at BI once again.

I'm wondering if a fellow could go along for a free ride then go to BI and tell them you bin der dun dat. Anyone on this forum tried that?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hmmmmm with no Exit Stamp and Re-entry stamp at port of Entry? Surely this the Stamps that BI will look for :pompus:

5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I call this myth busted because I looked at my passport 10 seconds ago. There is no exit stamp last time I left on a tourist visa. No stamp from Hong Kong because they don't do that any more. All there is to see is the last renewal stamp and then a re-entry stamp. Which is what I am saying this may be what the yachties do. They just go to BI and say they were out sailing to (pick a place that does not stamp visa) and they are back now and reporting in.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. knobhead

knobhead The Knobster Infamous

Retired Knobhead Engineer
    Ratings:
    +268 / 23
    Guam is a short trip and good shopping. No immigration problems either. You can also send Balikbayan from Guam. I lived there for 3 years back in the 80's good beaches and hotels.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if its a little culture your after and close to the phils, i would head off to Macau
    visa on arrival

• Thanks Thanks x 1