Dumaguete Info Search

Rekeying

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by permres, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We have way too many locks in our house (15 different ones and our house is tiny!), and each lock came with 2-3 keys. Does anyone know of someone who can rekey our locks and reduce the number of different keys we need?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Key Box !

Permres, we have a Wall mounted Key Box, hidden, it has a Lock so only, ONE key needed, we have one each and two hidden, all other keys are in it, we only open when we are in need of a key, You can have them linked to an Alarm system, as we have. I myself only have the Front Door Key and the Box Key, on my Keyring, Unmarked. If you reduce the number of keys, you give a Thief, less of a problem too.
    I don't know a Locksmith and a recent Thread, looking for one, never yielded any Success. Give the Secure Box some thought.:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

Attached Files:

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Good idea Jack! Where did you get the key box?

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The one we have now was from ACE in Manila, I have one here, that I ordered from an Office Supply Company, they are Made in China (Well threre's a suprise) Suggest trying Staples in Dgte. I guess you could even try City Hardware or the Handy Man shop in Robinsons. It is one of those things, that unless you are looking for it, you don't see it.

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    jack...
    try staples??? is that staples square copy center on the corner of perdices and silliman?

thanks..
    norm : ))~

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Yes BUT!

Norm now this is where I may be wrong, I got mine through Staples in Alicante in Spain, They are a World wide Office Supplier. They looked up in the Diectory and said there were PI branches, I needed more things. So it was an assumption on my part, it would be the same type of Staples in Dgte.
    Any of the Office Furniture suppliers should be able to help, if Staples have no Such Thing available.
    Sorry if you have had a wasted Journey. Azon is busy this week with a Wedding or I would have asked her to check it out before posting :o

Jack P.

7. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    On a side note, someone I know said he was locked out one time here. The locksmith he called took about 10 seconds to get the door open with the little picks they use. So much for locks.

Has has bought some motion sensor activated alarms in Cebu that come on in 5 seconds at ACE hardware there.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    WELL! There you Go!

:eek: Cooks, Cook, Drivers, Drive, Cleaners, Clean. What do you think, a Lock Smith is For? :confused:

9. UncleFatBloke

UncleFatBloke DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Jack, A Smith's job is to repair, not to break(into)! :wink:

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Oh Dear!

:eek: Are you ever, missing the Point here UFB? OH! I hate this saying, BUT a Locksmith Friend of Mine, here in Spain, tells me, 80% of Locksmith call outs, are to Break in, Without Breaking the d*mn €2.000 Door, All because someone Forgot or Lost a Key. It is his job, to get in, so the OP's statement stands Good. If he can't get in in a few seconds, he ain't a Good Locksmith. Once he has gained Entry for the Owner, THEN! he can repair the Lock.
    A good Locksmith has no need, to be a thief at all. Wrong end of the Stick I think my Friend. :wink:

Jack P. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.