Dumaguete Info Search

Rekeying

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by permres, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleFatBloke

UncleFatBloke DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Maybe I should have written "A Smith's job SHOULD BE to repair and not break in."
    I was trying to highlight the irony of how a Locksmith's job has evolved.
    I had the stick firmly grasped at the correct end. :D
    I lost my front door key in Shanghai, and the Mrs called a locksmith. After negotiating the price - based upon the fact it was a "big solid door and complicated new lock" his words, - he proceeded to pull out a strip of plastic about half a millimetre thick, and slid it between lock and frame. Two seconds later we were in!
    At that point I stopped wondering how locksmith's made their money - cutting new keys and repairing the soles of shoes (as is the norm in Shanghai), and started to wonder how many extra locks, or retinal scanners I needed to fit to make myself feel secure again!? :D:D

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Ah well!

UFB, now that is, the other side of the coin, I can remember my Granny telling me, You should trust; A Policeman, A Doctor, A Dentist, Your teacher, of course the list could go on, In this world of Uncertainty, Who can we trust? Not many I know.
    Point taken here, I just Wonder how he would have got on with a 5 lever mortice lock? There will always, be the otherside of the coin. Ain't life Grand. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You're missing the point. If a locksmith can get in quickly with those little tools, so can a thief who has mastered the technique.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :eek: Couldn't we all, Then, there would be no need for locksmiths, That might be a good Idea, as there is a Definite lack, of any in Dgte.:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.