Dumaguete Info Search

Relocating to Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Alex7555, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    relocating to Dumg.

Hi Alex 7555:

I to am a doctor of chiropractic. Graduated from Cleveland in KC in 1981. I currently am a consultant for the World Wrestling Entertainment, and several teams in the NFL and Major League Baseball. We are building a large oceanfront house between Duma and Zambo., and plan to move over in a year or two.

I didn't plan on opening a clinic either, but did think about a great gym and spa.

Actually, we looked at moving to Austrailia, but just found the real estate way to expensive, especially beachfront.

I've been here a long time, so welcome to the forum, and let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

2 blackbelts
    Dr. G

2. kristine1901

kristine1901 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello there, i am new to the forum, we are thinking of relocating to Dumaguete because we find the place really nice 5 of us siblings graduated from SU and so with my father but all of us leave in dormitories since we are from mindanao.. now that we are all grown up we decided to finally settle in Dgte. i hope you can help us find a place to buy, something nice and if possible at least 3 bedroom... i try to look into island properties and its really expensive the properties there..hope somebody can help us.. thank you so much

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    2blackbelts,

a great gym sounds fantastic and spa is fantastic, consider me as a costumer.

4. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hello kristine; welcome to the forum and make yourself feel at home. This is a great site with nice members ready to help whatever you want to ask. I come from Dumaguete, and still like to be called Dumaguetenea (of course!), although I live in sunny Calif. Anyway, enjoy and have fun chatting here. Just a thought, you may want to talk directly to the owner of the property if it's not inconvenient for them (the owners).

5. Dave

Dave DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Kristine,
    The internet prices for Philippine property is mostly very much overpriced, out of date even fraudulent. It’s best to see what is for sale yourself, many “deals” will be word of mouth or the like. Good luck!

6. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    To Alex

Alex,
    There's a quiet place in Batinguel: 543 Villa Alegre. Close [about 1 minute] to the main road and about 7 minutes to DC proper. House and Lot. Not among the overpriced ones, cheers!
    Mam A

7. OP
    OP
    Alex7555

Alex7555 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Mam A ,
    Could you tell me more about that place please and how to get there.
    Thanks in advance
    Alex

8. OP
    OP
    Alex7555

Alex7555 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi 2 blackbelts
    Thanks for your reply, where are you now ? in Dumaguete?
    You have a great idea with your project , I am sure it will work.
    For me I just take it easy, just trying to find a nice place to rent while checking to eventually buy a house in the future.
    I have been practicing for 35 years and had very busy clinics in France and Australia....so now just Relax....
    I agree with you the real estate is way too expensive in Australia.
    And the cost of living so ridiculously high.
    That's why I left....eheheheheh
    I you know of a nice place to rent I would be very appreciative.
    Chiropractically yours
    Alex

9. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    relocating

Hello Again Alex:

I haven't really practiced in many years. However, since I sold my medical mfg. company, I have way too much time on my hands. I am opening up a string of spinal decompression centers here in the US. Then, in about two years or so, will sell them, and make the final move to Dumaguete.

My daughter plans on doing TV work in Japan after college, so Dumaguete, will be a relatively close travel, plus, it is a wonderful place to live.

As you can tell, there are alot of great people on this forum. Just let us know if you need anything.

the best,
    2 blackbelts

10. Anizah Villarosa Fong

Anizah Villarosa Fong DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys! I am new to this site. I just joined today. Sure this site helps everyone that seeks info's about the Philippine Island. But I think Dumaguete is the best place to live. That's what we are going to do. We are all going back in the PI to retire. It's a long way yet to think about our retirements but I'm getting excited. To think that we don't need to get up early and worry about going to work. This is life I guess! Not much we can do about it unless we are like Donald Trump hahaha....

You take care guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.