Dumaguete Info Search

Renew a Visa

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Rye83, May 4, 2010.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

What Wrye needs is someone to help his girl get dual citizenship. I doubt Orient Winds does that, seems it would be detrimental to their possible future business, which is exactly why she keeps getting extensions at our friendly BI office rather than citizenship!

Larry

2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    No surprise.

None except that it is required and makes identifying visitors easier. :rolleyes:

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    You figured it out. Only purpose is to put money in the government's hands. I am sure that the day when cops will stop you and ask for it is not far away. Another source of income for Philippine's finest.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Not all foreigners have or will have an ACR (Balickbayans for instance) and what about the plans to issue a uniform visa for all ASEAN country's ?

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

True enough for now as far as balikbayans go, but who knows when they may make a change on that. As for the "uniform visa", I think that is a pipe dream.

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Larry; wherever she went someone gave her information on what she needs for the citizenship, her visa was expired so it HAD to be renewed. We have to get information from her mother proving that she (the mom) was born in the Philippines, had a filipino citizenship and her marriage certificate to my wife's dad..........kinda wishing I was a little nicer to her mom now. (In my defense she is an evil, controlling, manipulative #*&^.)

I have a feeling this won't go so well now, unless there is some way to get it without her consent....I know marriage certificates can be obtained by anyone, I'm sure proving someone's citizenship wouldn't be that hard either....that birth certificate will be difficult though.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I think she is getting the typical Filipino run around. For starters, it should say on her BC the nationality of her mother, and, the mother doesn't have to be married to the father. You can order a BC for the mother online here;

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

She shouldn't have a problem getting a BC for her mother.

I will research this a little, maybe I can help. This is a very easy process to do overseas, but here everything gets more difficult. (it's da pines!)

Larry

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    At the time of my wife's birth her mother was a US citizen. I'm sure that was indicated on the BC. I believe that her mothers BC will be needed because of this. I will check that site out. (her mom refuses to talk to me right now so this will probably be my only option.)

Lol speaking of the run around, whoever told my wife this information also said it is easier to do in the US, conveinently saying that they can buy her a ticket to LA to make it easier. That one made me laugh. Are people really that gullible? I've been dealing with the Philippines for 5 years and they just keep finding new ways to try to sucker me into something. I guess they think foriegners are just completely mindless idiots.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    If her Mother was a US citizen at the time of her birth, (there was no dual citizenship then) and the Father was not Filipino, she is not eligible for dual citizenship under RA9225.

You mean all foreigners are NOT mindless idiots!??!

:wink:

Larry

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My mistake for stating that as a fact. I am not sure of her mothers citizenship at the time of my wife's birth(the mother in law and myself aren't the closest of friends). Good information to have though. Just got off the phone with my wife and to clarify the documents they asked for; marriage certificate (possibly to determine when she became a US citizen), birth certificate (possibly to determine her Filipino citizenship) and her old Filipino passport (maybe to determine when she gave up her citizenship?). I'm guessing my wife don't know either.

Well apparently there are enough foriegners out there that are, in fact, mindless idiots because they wouldn't even try if they hadn't gotten away with it in the past. Maybe those first timers are ruining it for the rest of us. I remember my first time, I got ripped off and still thought I was getting a good deal, compared to US prices anyways....so I guess I was a mindless idiot myself at one point in time.

Btw, my wife DID leave the country 2 years ago (she just filed for an extension to go past two years). We are leaving to visit the states in two months. Unfortunately she extended 10 days short of the flight I had already bought. From my understanding I can fly her to Malaysia/Japan/China/Australia and straight back and she will be good to return and start that 2 years over again. Is this correct? On her return I would like to get her that free 1 year visa, would that he possible as well? (just incase this citizenship thing doesn't work out)