Dumaguete Info Search

Renting a car/van without driver?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by caymimi, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I saw a thread somewhere here a few months back about renting a car or van without a driver. I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where we could rent a car when we come visit next month? Is Scud's still around? Any idea how much per day and does it include insurance, etc? I'd really appreciate any info on this because we'll be arriving there around the 19th of August until the 1st of September. Hope I'll be able to join one of the Dgte Info meetings, but I know you usually have them during mid-month, so I maybe I won't see any of you guys after all... :(

2. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good question, I am looking at car hire also so I can get around and look at property with friends, so any info would be most helpful.

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    A car rental service ehre would be a great business to set up :smile:

Right now I think for cars / vans Happy Fred is the only option, and the only one happy there is Freds dad every time someone rents a car, it is very expensive...

4. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A Rent-a-Wreck business would do very well here.

5. OP
    OP
    caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    How about Boni Rent-A-Car or something that sounds like that... I'll check at Bethel. They usually have info about renting transpo and stuff like that.

6. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks for info and if you can find out anymore about hire then that would be great... BAZ

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    We have inquired Scuds for their SUV and would like to rent one (self drive) for a month but they are all out although there was one finishing up the 21st this month might be available,but not for certain as it might be extended .So we looked into possibilities of hiring a car from Cebu and there were a few we have seen online .Although they don't normally rent their cars out to another island,but because the rental is longer,they allowed us to have their car .We will have their car from Cebu airport with driver driving us down to negros to establish the location our negros address and signing of documents by our filipino reference .I don't blame them being fuzzy,but the good thing is we were very relieve to have this bigger car during our stay.

This is the car hire site: Toyco Transport Service

I agree with Dane,car rental can be good business.

8. Devlin

Devlin DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    car rent

I can rent you a car for a month hyundi sedan auto air con.good clean car.
    ask at Devlin's 4224926 ask for andrew 09165587842 Php 1500 per day

9. Devlin

Devlin DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Car rental

I have car to rent call Andrew at Devlin's 4229526 cell: 09165587842

10. Devlin

Devlin DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Car rental

Devlin's resto Bar has car to rent. 1500.00 per day long term insurance extra, ask for Andrew 035- 4224926 cell: +63-9165587842

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.