Dumaguete Info Search

Renting... How to find a place?

Discussion in '☋ Where to Find ☋' started by RCS, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Keep smiling, and it's up to you if you want to bribe (no ticket) or pay the fine in the office
    You don't have to pay directly, but the police will confiscate your drivers licence and you will pay in the office later on
    It is up to you if you want the time waste for it.
    Normaly police will not give you a fine, LTO,CITOM,LTFRB and other lettercombinations are more of a concern

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We looked at three recently...

One in Citihomes for P15,000/mo single story, brand new, very small lot

One to the west of St Paul University about 300 meters from north hwy, down a narrow side road. P15,000/mo

And one north of Sibulan very close to the water,owned by a Norwegian, for P17,000/mo which may have been rented already..

3. ajayver

ajayver DI Member Showcase Reviewer

WordPress developer, Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    That happens because disk brakes are not regular here. They just started to appear on cheap bikes several years ago. There is almost no use from the front drum brake, because our hand is not enough strong to stop 200kg from a high speed... Disc brakes are dangerous if there is some dust or sand on the road or if there is no road as well. That's why Asians mostly use rear brake i think.
    The most proper way of braking was always use of all brakes together - rear+engine+front only that way the brake pads will wear slowly and simultaneously while you will have most efficient and controllable stop.

I was stopped 3 times within last 2 months - once I broke the rule and was stopped. My driving license is not international and have no English words on it)) And actually it is a car license, not motorcycle. But the police girl asked me where is the number of the license. I showed her and she realized that this number will not fit in her form because it is not standard i guess. So she just let me go.
    Second time I was going from Sibulan to Dumaguete and there were a lot of cops checking almost everybody. I just moved to the center of road and was looking straight. Some of the cops was waving his hand and making "SHHHHT" noises, but I "didn't notice" them because I wasn't looking on him :smile: There was no chasing and no problems.
    Last time I was stopped in Bacong, I showed my car license, and certificate of ownership for a bike and they let me go and wished good luck.
    I didn't registered my bike properly yet, it has old overdue numbers. No documents, no LTO or what else they need... But it was ok for them.
    So even if police is corrupted, they don't try to find your problems like they do in my country. For them it is easier to let the foreigner go, because they don't know how to behave themselves with foreigners.

4. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea I feel I have always been treated well by police in fact even getting preferential treatment.

5. OP
    OP
    RCS

RCS DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Breaking on a motorbike: Diskbreak ore drum break up front dosent matter mutch. You have 3/4 of your stopping power from the front break because all the weight leans forward while breaking and thus you get moore traction on your front wheel. Both breaks is always best, but the one in the front is the one that saves your life :-). I have heard the "excuses" why they dont use it but they are all wrong... Front disk breaks are the best way to stop fast. And for the rest on how to use it its just using comman sense :-)

Yes im shure its true what you say about police. Some of them dont know how to speak english ore how to act with a forigner. And we might ask moore questions why then most pinoys?

My faher in law got hit by a policeman driving motorcab on his freetime.... He put a gun to my FIL and said "If you tell this to anyone..." Papang went to the police with a complaint witch resultet in anger managment seminar for the angry policeman.... Here he wold go to jail for shure!

Im shure that if you behave and live a anonymus life you will have no problem. Im asking these questions because some forigners living in Phil have many negative experiances...But they are probably often provocative and stupid in the way they behave i guess...Like this guy in Big Joes in Dipolog who argued over a small mistake. They asked him to pay before he left, and he already had paid. She apologised, but he culdent let it go... Loudly making a big cene in the resturant until police came....

I belive all are good until the oposit is proven!

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Don't look for trouble!

:wink:RCS, I have always worked on something a policeman once told me, "If you do Not look for me, I will not look for you."
    You can bet on one thing, IF you need one, they are never there, When you don't need One, WELL, we will say no more than! :wink: they are all over you, like a rash!

Jack P.

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Before you believe that Dumaguete is perfect please read the "Incident in Dumaguete" post. Sometimes even keeping a low profile does not work.

Also I have first hand experience of a home burglary in daylight in a residence just outside the city. I believe just being a foreigner attracted enough attention that we where followed for some time and one day when we went out, the break in occured. This time we did not stay away very long and nearly caught them in the act. Unfortunately our high walls shielded their activity. Sometime you just cannot win no matter what prepartions you make.

8. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just tell a tricycle driver what you are looking for and what price range and for a couple hundred pesos, he'll haul you around for a good while.
    If anyone knows about unadvertised specials, the tricycle drivers do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.