Dumaguete Info Search

Road To Valencia

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by earlmj, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    This natural swimmingpool is filled with mountain water and can be found on the road to Valencia . No second thoughts about absorbitant entance fee , you just pay 10 peso and kids 5 lang !!
    Native transport , as this black "Limousine " , are park just near to the swimmingpool and the left hand of the high way......

Attached Files:

2. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    EARLMJ, who owns this lush, beautiful place? What's the name of this place? Are there restaurants and rooms to stay?

3. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sorry , This is not private owned but City property. Next "door " however you find Forest Camp , that does have accomodation for overnight stay..I made plenty pictures at the Swimmingpool and the creek that provide the water that is nice clean and COOL !!

4. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    forest camp is more expensive than the municipal swimming area - its a nice place for a group outing (but no alcohol allowed) The water is COLD !!! brrr
    and keep following that road to get to casarroro falls entrance (walking, 4 wheel drive or motorcycle only)

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Casaroro falls is very accesible now adays as they make it easier climbing down the ravine with those new metal steps.Long before you have to climb down algae covered,sometimes moldy slimy mesh (irregular steps) of bamboo poles ,like beginning of a mini jungle adventure.Now it feels far less like it.

Last time had the visit to casaroro,I saw few grafittis drawn in the boulders and occasional rubbish left by people who care less ,disgusting!

6. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Thank you guys for the info. Am already making plans as where to go, where to stay, where to eat and where to visit on our stay in Duma...... I think our one month holiday in the Phils isnt enough to explore Duma plus our very personal reason why we are going home. I always consider Dipolog as my home but it will soon change as soon as our house will be built in Duma and just enjoy what this great city has to offer.....

7. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    The owner of this Forest camp is the Vicuna family orig from ilocos, nice place for a change from the beach .I didn't plunge in the pool,'twas cold for me.They serve food ...filipino food and drinks,some with hot curried vege ,fish sinugba and pork dishes and they were nice .My first time vist in the forest camp was in 2003 as recommended by my ol' uni mates who were still in Dumaguete at that time ,had excellent time .It was relaxing listening to cascading flow of the river,peaceful and not many people on that day. Some did bring their easel n palletes along with their mood for painting.Had excellent time,we left forest camp at 1:00 am ,Mrs Vicuna was really patient with us ,in fact helped connect transport for all of us back to Dumaguete ,must give her some relief we all left .

8. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It the "Banica Swimming Lagoon", found on this page.

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/sightseeing-around-dumaguete.php

I visited there last trip.

Beware, the water is cold. :wink:

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Yeah that's the banica swimming lagoon. We brought my brit inlaws family and hubby's friends from england there for a picnic few days before our wedding.But not one of us swims there,the water is cold.I wish they could extract hot water from the other hot water vents of valencia to warm the banica up and that'll feel nicer to swim. Must be an improvement for Banica having rooms to stay. That isn't far from forest camp ,you can only walk from the banica pools to forest camp only a lil futher up.

10. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Plants in Valencia

We just went up to Valencia today to buy some soil for growing herbs, there are a lot of places on the road to Valencia selling beautifull plants very cheap :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.