Dumaguete Info Search

Road To Valencia

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by earlmj, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulbaguio

paulbaguio DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi everybody... is picked_newt a she? Sorry for asking... :smile:

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    If not a 'he' then must be a 'she' :D

3. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Thanks for refreshing my memory, pickled_newt! I remember Kuya Moe now! He was the one who organized the meeting of the Balikbayans and foreigners back in school year 2002. He invited me, not only as a Balikbayan, but as a member of the press (I was one of the news writers in The Weekly Sillimanian during that time - I miss that!). He's a really nice guy, as I recall. Very active on campus. Sha is familiar to me, too. I know what you mean about these youngsters. Not that I'm old, but last year when I visited Dumaguete I couldn't believe how young all the new Sillimanians looked. They were so fresh and bubbly, and the clothes - amazingly short and baring a LOT of cleavage. Times have definitely changed!

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    You're welcome caymimi .Yes,Moe is a well known campus figure those times, I guess even now .He's a nice guy. I actually owe him a book ,and I dreaded the judgement day to see Moe soon without the replacement of his ever precious book I lost .Actually, I thought it was only borrowed or passed on to another friend but forgot to give it back .Unfortunately, I couldn't trace the person.But I am hold accountable to it,so have to find similar kind of book before I'll be haunted by guilt of failed promises.Alternatively , if there's still no book I just have to hide out of sight of Moe while in dgte ,lols bad :D

...but seriously looking for this replacement.

5. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Which book is it? I heard that National Bookstore is opening in Dumaguete in a few weeks. Maybe you can buy it there.

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It's an art book ,but have to pick the closest to the one that disappeared huh:o ...I would not elaborate much of it in details but I have to get the replcement before coming to dgte .As of now I find it hard to get any similar.But will try amazon books or any online bookstore .That's nice to know soon there'll be National book store in dumaguete.:smile:

7. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    book store

Off the track somewhat but since the National Bookstore was mentioned. Is there a good used bookstore in Dumaguete?

Chi Town

8. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    My favorite place to get used books, especially fairly new best-sellers, is from Aly-Mae, at the corner of Pulantubig and Camanjac. The place with the high walls and big red gate. They sell used stuff from the US, from good to poor condition, but the books are a GREAT find! There's that place on the highway near the Capitol Area called San Fransisco Bookstore, but their used books are pretty old, and cost twice as much as the books at Aly-Mae.

9. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    used books

Caymimi,

Thanks for the information. Will surely check it out.

Chi Town

10. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks Caymimi ,i never know about these new book places in Dgte,but might be helpful.I don't mind old cookery books, I don't think cook books can be outdated too soon .I am hoarding them here but the truth is i don't even use them much...once in a bluemoon or maybe more after I retire :D But my husband bakes excellent cakes he's the baker in the house,and my eldest bakes too ,makes good cookies and short breads.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.