Dumaguete Info Search

Robinson Mall Death Trap

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by ilovedum, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Money over life.
    a shoplifter escaping is more important to most stores, so safety goes out the window, at least until a real tragedy occurs.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    a good one today at Robinsons department store....caught them marking a product UP, to then throw a 25% off sticker on it making it look as though it's a sale when in reality the net to the customer was MORE.

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    My thought exactly about LP, especially the grocery store, which is in the basement. One good earthquake and the grocery store would get pancaked! :eek: I really felt uncomfortable shopping there over Christmas when the place was packed!

4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    The concrete and steel not burning will make it much easier to get the building back in service after the dead bodies are removed. Most people who die because of fires die from smoke inhalation.

5. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually steel is very susceptible to fire, loses its strength if heated. Wood on the other hand is a lot more resistant. Your safer in a building with wood beams rather than steel ones. The charring of the wood acts as protection against further burning and the wood beam even charred retains quite a bit of its strength whereas the steel beam turns to spaghetti quite rapidly.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

True, and all the plastic crap for sale in Robinson's Dept. Store would make a lot of very toxic smoke!

7. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Steel Coffins!

:eek: That being the case, Why are coffins not made of steel for Cremations??:confused:

Jack P. ( back from a few days off line:D)

8. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My favorite tactic is the old "Bait and switch", not just at any particular store, but almost anywhere one goes.
    Advertise an item for a ridiculously low price and when someone comes in to buy it, tell them there is no stock, but they have a "better" and more expensive version to sell.

9. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Don't walk...RUN to avail of this fantastic deal that robinsons is so proud about. Color signed promo displayed with pride for a 1.50 peso discount on an item:

[​IMG]

Would that be equal to about 3 us cents??? As the ad says "WOW" :-)

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The thing is, when we're at the mall enjoying and having fun, we don't ever think of these things. I have never thought about these possibilities before, and now I think I should be more careful and aware of where the exits are. We all know that the ground upon which the mall stands is very soft. It could easily collapse in the event of earthquakes, God forbid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.