Dumaguete Info Search

Robinson Mall in Dumaguete - Facts April 10 - 15:00

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Yabs, im with you on your quest! hahaha! :smile:

Cheers!

2. ronin

ronin DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    here we go again with the americans with no class BS again..... i just get sick of reading ur bullshit yabs.

i just ask u a simple question; i didn't ask for your political philosophy. jesus...

3. foxylady313

foxylady313 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Originally Posted by echir View Post
    ^As we said, there is only one solution if you do not like Robinsons Dumaguete. LEAVE!!! YOU DON'T OWN THIS PLACE. Most of us here like the mall, and like it the soonest time.

Echir, shame on you! What you said was downright rude! This is not you! People are entitled to express their own opinions you know.

4. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Sorry sometimes am just too emotional and carried away. It just show our excitement and how intense our anticipation of the classy mall that will be Robinsons...:smile:

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Went to visit the one in Cebu, Ayala, that was very crap,
    and the one near the docks, same crap, no imagination, better they build
    more smaller stores around the outskirts of the towns. like single storey
    buildings. who put the mall in small.

Jim.

6. foxylady313

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A hybrid mall would be what I would want to see in Dumaguete, and not the usual sameness and artificiality of indoor malls. :smile:

"Hybrid malls" is the hottest concept in the industry nowadays. They are an attempt to conjoin large enclosed malls with an outdoor urban streetscape retail/entertainment component, with such attractions as multiplex cinemas, children's playscapes, and themed restaurants. The International Council for Shopping Centers (ICSC) calls this "the first major shift in regional mall configuration since 1956".

Hybrid malls pick up on the growing popularity of village-style shopping, with its connections to real communities. Developers of hybrid malls essentially create streetscape-type shopping experiences as an enhancement and shopping option on the outside of ever-bigger malls.

What this means is that businesses that once were peripheral to the mall, such as full-service restaurants, major bookstores, cinemas, home-furnishings stores, and services are grouped together. Not in the same mega-building, but often in open-air pedestrian walkways leading to the mall entrances. Some developers even incorporate bike and hiking trails into the area's overall design.

7. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    echir now i have to put my understanding to you, as my guess you are a woman who is addicted of shopping or a kid age 5-15 years old who don't care the sorroundings....except thinking only of shopping in the mall.

8. foxylady313

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    daffs,

echir is 100% pure bred male homo sapiens!:smile:

9. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think the Robinsons Mall will be a classy one with multiplex cenema, fine restaurants, starbucks, playground for kids and more. I look forward to the grand opening. :smile:

10. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    So do I Swany...:wink: :D :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.