Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete City Update

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well said, foreigners I know mostly like to complain about generally anything, without thinking about what they are saying. Everyone wants the amenities, but then complain about the infrastructure that allows those very touches of civilization to exist.

Like "I want to live on a secluded beach, but I also want high speed internet" and good roads for my Pajero". give me a break. some things just may not be mutually inclusive.

Siaton is one town everyone should visit to see the other side. A simple market villiage, with that you get some internet cafes, at 30 pesos an hour, limited cell service, and wonderful sandy beaches.

They have a curfew at 8 oclock PM now because of increased NPA activity, but hey, curl up by the lady and read a good book.

Life is full of trade offs.

2. gentle

gentle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could not put it better myself. And then there is the moaning about the internet being so expensive, compared to "home". The country I come from has optic fibre cables laid out all over - paid by the State/Government. Who pays for that here in Negros? Hardly the President. Unstable operation? One reason can be that copper lines feeding the networks represent a good extra income to people who realize that copper is almost gold.
    Besides - 30 pesos per hour in Siaton is pretty good value compared to driving to Dumaguete and back, plus another 30 or so pesos per hour accompanied by screaming gamers.

3. jhunmark

jhunmark DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    robinson dumaguete
    my mother said that her causin told her that robinson will open this 2009 november or in december.

4. jed1433

jed1433 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pictures Pls

can we have a picture update about the site? Thank you.

5. Dick&Susan

Dick&Susan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there everybody! I would also like to see any new photos and hear any update about the new mall.Any date as to completion? Thanks,Dick&Susan from Idaho state and Guihulngan.Be there all saints day.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    New photos will be uploaded by monday, it will most likely not open before 2010

Rhoody

7. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I cycled past the construction site one and a half hours ago. I was surprised! I'm not terribly familiar with Filipino construction methods but pre-formed, pre-stressed concrete structural members were being placed into position. By my count at least four cranes were busy with this task. Work was under way on a second, above-ground level.

I'd say early 2009 to completion.

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    No way ... davfitz !
    You are right. Today there were 4 cranes.
    I also counted them.
    When you daily pass that place you often don't even look anymore, because there was normally no progress at all.
    But EARLY 2009 ???? hahaha , don't let me laugh :D :D

9. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Yeah, I think they are doing it faster this time. Those prefabricated posts should make it faster...

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I took two pics today when driving along the construction site (good no policeman saw me doing this :D ).
    So are you believing it will still be possible to have the opening early 2009 Echir ? :wink:
    Or is completion in your view only the finishing of the main frames ?
    Let's wait what Rhoodies pics are gonna tell.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.