Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete City Update

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palatia

Palatia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    18,500sqm is only the footprint of the building. Taking into account the two floors for the mall, it will be 37,000sqm in total. I'd say that's not bad,but I hate big malls in which you just get lost and thousands of people make shopping a real pain in the ***.

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    So what are they gotta do with the more than 4 hectares remaining lot? Will that be used for the mall expansion later? Or they will use that for additional BPO companies to locate here in Dumaguete?

I was actually told by a ranking city official that the footprint area will be 25,000 sqms. with al fresco dining areas. Which is reliable, Palatia or this ranking official? Robinsons actually tried to bring up the footpring area to 40,000 sqms but maybe that's just too big.

And as you can see, the finced area is really huge. Why would they fence at least a 50,0000 sqms area if they intend to build only a 37,000 sqms mall (18,500X2)?

3. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    its quite depressing since at first, i thought it wud be as large as what echir had mentioned and then suddenly, it shrinks down to a mere 37,000 sqm..

i think Palatia would be most reliable here since he's one of the civil engineers there.. Mr. Palatia, can u increase its size? plz? hehehehe..:smile:

4. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    fenced parameter: about 50,000 sqm.
    i gues we have to include the parking area there (about almost half of the mall floor area.)

5. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have to say that as long as the mall is bigger than Lee Super Plaza, I'd still be happy:smile: And you're right Nead, they have to build a big parking lot to accommodate the cars. Speaking of parking, do we now have decent parking lots in Dumaguete or is it still so hard to find parking (except when you have a scooter then it's okay:wink: )?

6. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    but id be much happier if it wud be at least twice bigger than Lee Super Plaza. Btw, anyone knows how bg lee plaza is in terms of its total useable space?..

we have now decent parking areas. Lee Super Plaza has two levels, another on behind Cang's (where star cinema used to stand) and beside meryl shoes store. they are all in the downtown area. but sadly, despite their presence, looking for available parking spaces is still one of the hassles in the city.

7. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Nead. I guess parking is always a problem in downtown areas, especially if it's growing. I'm sure that the people who designed the streets didn't think about how fast population grows. But it's nice to know that there are more parking spaces in downtown now. What about garbage cans? Do we have those in public spaces now?

8. Palatia

Palatia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, I see already that there are more infos on this page than commonly known in Dumaguete. The building itself will really only be 18,500 sqm with two floors for the mall. At the back of the building there will be an open area, which by definition is not part of the building itself, but an open area, which will locate some restaurants. By this, the whole construction will be more than the 18,500 sqm. There will be ample parking around the building, whereas there are still some open discussions on some additional building to be constructed on the rest of the property. So I can’t say for sure how much parking space will be constructed there later. I will also be building another type of foundation for the streets and parking area around the mall, coming to a size of 26,000 sqm. But as we all know, that’s not going to be for parking only, but that is also the entrance and driveway up front, as well as the streets around the mall. In the moment we are looking at a complete area of 44,500 where I will improve the soil so that your new mall in town doesn’t sink into this marsh land. Let’s all hope I’m doing a good job at it, hehe!

9. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hmm.. not bad. knowing that there will be an open area for restaurants, im contended. i hope it will be al fresco. more coffee shops..:D

Mr. Palatia, do u think the mall will be done by october or november? seems too early, isnt it?

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I am very excited for that new Robinsons mall.I came across somekind of rumour about it from the sky scrappers forum early last year.I thought it will only be as a sweet gossip. I am quite elated that it's on the way now for many dumagueteneos and negrenses to benefit . I think having Robinsons is great ,having more choices of shops to go,and more jobs for people ! But how about the SM , will it come to Dgte?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.