Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete City Update

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've noticed SM and Robinsons seem to have the habit of following each other. Maybe a game of one-upmanship. :confused:

2. Mister Ed

Mister Ed DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we see you walking inside the mall after it opens then we know it will not collapse into the marsh pit :smile:

From Mister Ed (a former mechanical engineer)

3. Palatia

Palatia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @ Nead: Well, that’s the thing with the date of finalization around here. They tend to promise more than they keep. But to be honest, they have a realistic chance of getting it done. What I heard from the other malls which have been built, they really get a lot of manpower and progress really quickly. But if they take it easy, maybe they will open the mall when not all interior construction is done or something like that… Who knows.
    @Mister Ed: I am sorry to say, that I must leave the beautiful town of Dumaguete as soon as I am finished with my foundation works…… The chances are you will never see me walking in the mall, except if my dear Landlady extends a great invitation for a nice holiday with them, hehehe!!
    :D

4. Sumisid

Sumisid DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The landlady and the landlord will definitely do that!!! :D

5. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Renderings of Robinsons Place in Dumaguete can be seen at today's issue of the Philippine Star, at People/Events section. The design is cool. I hope somebody can post the renderings of Robinsons Place Dumaguete here, as well as information on the tenants and the design of the mall.

All in all, I must say I'm contented with what I have seen. But who wouldn't be much happier if there would be more?

6. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You're definitely right. As far as malls are concerned, there is no place/city with Robinsons that has no SM with it. The exception would be Los Banos, Laguna but I heard SM already has a landbank in nearby Calamba City.

7. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i've been passing frequently at the construction site and oftentimes, i try to check on what has been going on through the gate. i dnt see much progress or change for the past week. just the same scene - empty lot with few short standing foundations. october is fast approaching. y is that so mr palatia?

8. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    It's only now, after watching the documentary about Petronas Twin Towers, that I realize that the engineering firm that is doing the foundations of Robinsons Place Dumaguete, Bauer AG, is the same firm that built the foundations of Petronas Twin Towers, itself quite an engineering feat.

Well Palatia, do we expect our Robinsons mall here to sink?

9. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    having a robinsons mall will be great. my friends and i just hope we dont get all the rejects from the big cities. sad but it could happen. :(

10. Palatia

Palatia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your right Echir, we also did the foundations of the Petronas Towers in KL. As you can see, they are still standing, :D . I’m quite confident that we will do a similar good job here, and as my landlords have invited me already for another visit I will be sure to prove it by walking through the mall once it’s finished.
    Nead, that’s the thing with my job. We are constantly working, but no one can see the progress. All my work is buried beneath the soil, and only later on, when they start excavating my piles to build their foundation heads on them, will you see the result. And after that, they will construct the slab over it, and my work is buried once more. Be sure that they are underneath and doing their job properly!!
    We have tested 21 piles this far, and all have turned out to be really good! So I think it’ll be safe later on.
    I have started inquiries on the future tenants and restaurants to be situated in the mall, but I am still waiting for a reply. As soon as I know something I will let everyone know…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.