Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete City Update

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Indeed it's nice that we have world-class firms doing the construction of our mall here. Well, what do we hope? As what Nead wishes, increase the size please...Even just a 50,000 sqm mall would already be okay here :p But then again, if that would not be feasible yet, maybe a future expansions utilizing the excess lot will do :smile:

2. Palatia

Palatia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now everybody should hold on to their Knickers. You won’t believe what I found out. This is a dream come true for a lot of people here, specially the expats I got to now in this area. I don’t know how to say it, but I found out that there is a shop opening, everyone has been waiting for in Dumaguete since…… I don’t know how long. It’s incredible that this should finally happen, and you guys are the lucky ones to be able to enjoy this for years to come. And what is it? I just found out today, that there will be a shop with not 100, not 200 but 300 sqm area as a BINGO venue! Isn’t that just what everyone has been waiting for in the new and stylish mall??

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Dumaguete Robinsons Mall

how can you say so much without saying anything :p

Spill the beans :smile:

4. bluejay03

bluejay03 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys... Am new here. Just want to share some thoughts

Just a hunch... The strategy of late for Robinson's Land Corp. is to complement its malls with office spaces for BPOs especially. This is evident in its press releases and if I'm not mistaken even in RLC's Annual Report. RLC is one of the biggest lessors of office space today. For instance, a call center is located in Robinson's Cainta and I think also in Bacolod. In Robinson's Pioneer, which I pass everyday in going to the office, there are two completed buildings for BPOs and call centers. Accenture has an office there. I wouldn't be surprised if Robinsons will do the same in DGT. The excess area can accomodate office buildings in the future.

Am definitely excited with the prospects of a vibrant business park. Cheers!!!

Btw, my family lives within walking distance from the Robinsons site. I used to watch Motocross near that area and even tried to fly kites there when I was still in Elementary, many many years back. The vicinity will definitely change with the coming of Robinsons.

5. JerPines

JerPines DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Palatia, nice to hear that words, a BINGO venue... What is the total gross floor of the rob dgte? How many leasable rooms insid the mall? nice to hear that rob dumaguete is going to open this year...

6. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I wonder what kind of effect this will have on Lee Super Plaza. Competition is always good for keeping prices down.

By the way, who is the "Robinson" in Robinsons Mall? Doesn't sound like a Filipino name to me. I hope the designers of this mall have been wise not to detract from the inherent charm of the town. Big corporations rarely understand this idea.

7. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I forget what it is. I think someone told me once.

I do vaguely remember someone telling me about a story of either a ghost or a crazy person that lives under each one. I forget the story. Sounded like a story someone made up and just spread. Stories tend to evolve from person to person. :rolleyes:

Maybe SM invented it. :D

8. bluejay03

bluejay03 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is apparently taken from Mr. John Gokongwei's second name. Although, he is simply known as Mr. John. This is based on excerpts of an interview.

9. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    What about her daughter Robina?

By the way, it would be good if Robinsons put up a BPO building in its 6-hectare lot here. I would like to see Accenture having a site in Dumaguete, and inisde Robinsons mall. They have BPO businesses such as KPO (knowledge process outsourcing), and recently they branched out into callcenters. That ad with Tiger Woods as the model looks good to me. Having Accenture here in Dumaguete, for me, would be like having a Convergys site in Dumaguete. In that way Robinsons Place Dumaguete could qualify for a 3-5 years (or is it up to 7 years?) tax incentive if its mall is declared as an IT zone. It could also have a good effect to its mall business as it will have a capture market in terms of the workers of the BPO company in its vicinity, as well as their friends or family members who are waiting for them going out of work or seeing them in the workplace.

In this way, Robinsons can have more than just 3 theaters.

10. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    mr palatia, other than the BINGO space, do still know any other tenants hu woud most probably take a space in the mall??.. do u know how many shops could be in??.. i'm getting more and more curious..:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.