Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paeng

paeng DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    every construction projects have delays and loopholes. the contractor (Monolith) a good builder, was also the contractor of SM Bacolod as I know. The precaster is also a well-experienced company (freyssinet philippines). This is not a simple project, its a big shopping mall and once ist started operations will boast the toursim and economy of Dumaguete. Robinsons Gallery in Mandaluyong before, started to open (soft opening) despite that some parts of the building were still under construction (1990) and has not been completed.

Anyway, its a nice and beautiful mall in the Visayas like the Robinsons in Iloilo and Bacolod.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    errrmmm, do you really believe what you say ?

The Mall is nothing special at all and for a experienced company like the involved ones. By the way the plans were ready way before this companies hit the grounds in Dumaguete, they just took them over with minor changes.
    One reason why it is delayed is the weak economy and some research about the spending potential in this area!
    You can be pretty sure that the economy won't recover in near future, more likely the opposite. Think about why they stopped working 24hrs about 6 month ago, it's just not worth it
    Freyssinet should have been finished a month ago ...
    40.000 window-shopping students may fill space but won't spend one centavo more.
    Why should any tourist come to Dumaguete .... cause of a mall ??? Hope you didn't learn that in school...

Everybody around Duma from Negros Oriental and Siquijor goes to Duma for bigger shopping anyway, so where should this economy boost come from? Some computer-pictures and some faked job-hiring sessions in the City Hall won't help a lot...

3. paeng

paeng DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I agree that 40,000 students will be on window-shopping and will not spent a single centavo. But, basically,for a country like the Philippines, an infrastructure project brings employment temporarily to the workers on that area, and once it operates, it will hire people to work on Robinsons Mall. Its a barometer of progress in a sense that it change a perspective and landscape of Dumaguete in terms of modern infrastructures in that area.

Anyway, it will contribute to the City Government of Dumaguete on tax collection as revenues. It might contribute in one way or another to the City of Dumaguete.

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I GOT IT i'm gonna open a window store!!!!!!:D

5. paeng

paeng DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ronbinsons Mall Construction Is On Track

Without protecting the company involved in Robinson Dumaguete, precasting is the best solution for tight-scheduled projects. The beams, columns, slabs, walls can be manufactured at a precast plant, and delivered, erected at site without much scaffoldings and falseworks. It only involves lot of erection cranes and crew to joint the precast units. Its one of a kind project in all Robinsons Mall project in the country.My best wishes!!!

Third world economy is far different to rich countries in terms of infrastructures development. The Philippines need infrastructures such as better roads, bridges and buildings as a facility to provide and support businesses. Adequate facilities means progress and prosperity. How can we transport goods from one place to another without better roads and bridges? It cost much without better roads and bridges. It needs better seaports and airports too, considering that Dumaguete is part of Negros island located south and in order to survived, it should have its own efficient facilities.

Malls constructed in the Visayas region, brings employment to Filipinos, at the initial construction phase up to when it starts to operate. It has been also the same as what happened in Iloilo. The area where Robinson's Iloilo was erected, is a squatter area, an ugly, dirty commercial (some) site, where nobody like to stay. Now, its one of the beautiful site which one might think, is far more beautiful to any Robinson Mall like Bacolod and Cebu.

Though constructing a mall will not alleviate poverty and minimize unemployment in the country (will make Filipinos spend more for the haves ),employment in a Mall ( sometimes) help in one way or another to sustain the living of some jobless Filipino.

Goodluck Dumaguete!!!!

6. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As of April 3: courtesy of SSC's ritche

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    thanks for the update.... that doesn't look like watching a movie in a proper cinema this year...

8. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    that's a cinema?!!! i thought we were getting a bullring! d*mn!
    if they make it a bit taller, Coke or pepsi might rent it as a giant Coke can advert, or maybe ..... lol

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    not really that round building, just in general as a statement about the state of the art building in Dumaguete... or was it running-joke-building (free translated from a german phrase, I have no Idea if something like that is existing in english)

... having said that, I sent my spy's out and they came back with a top-secret preview of a computer-animation what will happen to that round building.

The god's of local beer were not only hearing my prayers... to forget them again,no, they even listened, thought about AND understood what is really needed in Dumaguete...

Attached Files:

10. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Now that's what I call progress!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.