Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    What's the schedule or approximate date for Robinson Mall to open?

2. foxylady313

foxylady313 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    just received word this morning that the project will be delayed. Expected opening date is last quarter of next year. The mall will be called Robinsons Place - Dumaguete.

3. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thank you for the quick reply Foxy. I should (hopefully) be settled in Dumaguete/Valencia by then, so I'll look forward to the opening ceremonies.

4. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anymore news on this project ? I befriended one of the engineers from Germany early this year and he told me they shut the project down at that time but wouldn't tell me why.....I guessed money problems.

5. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey chuck. i hope what you are saying is not true. delays because that the project implementation is so slow can mean money also. just think of the mobilization and then the materials and the equipments that they brought with them. this is money even the equipments are sleeping they pay to it. so i hope what you said is not true. regards

6. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    As per conversation with project engineers, the contractor of the foundations pulled out from the project site on time. Then they spent more than one month just doing nothing at the site to cure the foundations. As of this time the foundations are in place, and the posts bored down to the bedrock are there just waiting for other set of posts to be layed over them. So the foundations are all made up just waiting for the final phase of the construction to begin.

Then at this time, the roads and the lampposts around the vicinity of the mall are being completed. If you get inside, the roads are already in place, and they are quite wide (about three lanes). They are not in a hurry to complete the whole mall right away, so the manpower is not that many as of this time. But if you see around, there are already bunkers and these are owned by the contractor, Monolith Construction. The office of Robinsons Land Corporation is also in one of those makeshift buildings, as well as the office of another contractor.

In the meantime, the hauling of the materials continues from other places. Once these are already in the area, construction would go in fullswing, and I guess the manpower will also increase drastically.

I was told they would begin construction of the main building maybe next month (January) or early next year. This is still in time for the opening which is scheduled by the end of next year.

By the way, Robinons has opened its 19th mall in Manila (Robinsons Otis). Robinsons Dumaguete will be the 20th mall. Don't worry: Great things do not come in haste.

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    it's slowly but surely.

8. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update. I hadn't seen one in awhile. Just in case they do take any longer building this thing, would you happen to know when Senior's Day is at the mall so I can get my discount ?:rolleyes:

9. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    great
    can't wait............
    I just love shopping malls on tropical islands
    If this was for the locals i could understamnd but from what I have been reading
    a lot of stuff will eb aimed at expats etc
    I don't know about you other expats but given the cheapness pof local restaurants except Carmines of course I lways eat out
    and what other stuff i need i get fro my local store or from the deli at
    why not.
    Why anyone craves an ugly shopping mall is beyond me
    For anyone who does
    i wouild say either get a life or head to manila

10. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    mark my words this will be the beginninbg of the end for nice quaint and cheap dumaguete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.