Dumaguete Info Search

Robinsons Mall in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Dumaguete ain't quaint anymore. When I came home three years ago it was a shock to see all the new buildings and chaotic traffic. Before I left (pre-90s), now that's the Dumaguete I liked but who am I to stand in the way of "progress" :D

2. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    But a real environment-friendly mall in Dumaguete with movie houses, a lot of retail offerings, homey interiors, a lot of greeneries, and which will enhance the ambience and livability of the city, would be very much appreciated.

3. RedMoclip

RedMoclip DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The city is ill-prepared. It lacks basic infrastructure for development, the space is limited, it's becoming overpopulated, and the local govt being managed by pig-headed politicians, baboons, and chimps.

If you want to find out yourself just go to the LTO office and observe how chaotic it is over there. Or maybe checkout how long it takes to have your building permit gets signed OK in the electrical plans/section alone.

Or after you buy a property, see what it is like to process a land title transfer to your name. Count how many monkey asses you need to kiss before you get your papers.

Attached Files:

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    The garbage problem of Dumaguete is only an undertstatement in comparison to the conditions of garbage problems in Naples of Italy,it looks dotting in every street which had been on and on for a while,Google it and look at as much pictures,and you'll see Dumaguete isn't that bad and all alone , considering it is the city of Naples in the first world europe .I don't think rubbish are left in every streets of Dumaguete,I haven't seen like that in the picture when we were there,unless it happened now, the service is only underfunded and needs immediate attention or change before it gets bad,unfortunately officials in this dept. responsible are under performing.

Also about mention of land processing and getting permits,take it this is a third world country , sad but true that's the way it is for now ,hopefully slowly evolving to improve in the future . Our land titles came around 3 yrs because those offices involved are nutty,perhaps needing bribes to fascilitate,but I don't feed such practice.Look at court cases , they last a lifetime ,this is the Philippines,welcome!

Naples trash crisis gets personal - CNN.com

The Associated Press: Garbage Crisis Stirs Protest in Naples

NDTV.com: Heaps of garbage accumulate in Naples

5. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Any action on the Robinson's site ? Is there any chance it will be open this year ?

6. wjw006

wjw006 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All, I have been going to Dumaguete for 10 years and have seen little progress so I will be amazed to see a new mall built. I do hope it does materializes as I plan to live there.

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hello yourself and welcome to the forum. What do you mean by 'little progress'? If you were in the city lately you won't miss the big changes, not to mention, Dumaguete is getting crowded with migrants from many different regions in the country, and foriegners, too. Hey, don't be amazed. :wink: :smile:

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    who knows more ?

Yeah Lofty, I'm also wondering what's going on. I pass the spot nearly every day but can't see any activity there.
    Someone did mention on this forum that it will surely be before the end of 2008 that they will open the new mall, but that's a joke.
    Someone has reliable information ?

9. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'd be surprised if it does open by the end of this year. The best thing to say in this case is, "it will happen when it happens".

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    The only thing longer than Robinsons time line to open in Dmgte is this thread. Joke.
    Lacking any real information, I am supposing the blocking tactics of local intersts and the increased cost of doing bussiness due to fuel prices might be having an effect. But then in the Philippines one never knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.