Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: RORO Dumaguete to Dapitan, or Dipolog

1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Currently, as far as I know, 3 ferries are operating daily between Dumaguete and Dapitan (Puluan). None is going to Dipolog. Sailing time is 3 till 4 hours, delayed departure not included. Only Cokaliong (no daily service) allows you to do advance booking. All other ferries on the day of departure. The fare for a 4x4 is around 3500 peso one way, terminal fee of 129 peso for the car in addition and 15 peso for passenger, driver is free of that charge On your way back passenger fee is 25 peso as well as for the driver plus the afore mentioned 129 peso.
    Don't forget to check out @the Coast Guard before passing through the 2nd gate to enter the restricted area.
    Going to Ozamiz is turn to the left when you reach the highway. The road is for the most in pretty good condition and generally few traffic though slow trucks can be bothering when an overtake action cannot be performed due to oncoming traffic or winding roads with curves. From Ozamiz to Tangub I cannot give you any recommendation.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Sorry to take so long in responding to your information. I did find it very helpful and it was quite accurate. Thank you so much, RR_biker.

I always fall into the trap of trying to travel on holidays and my trip to Ozamiz and Tangub on Wednesday was quite a circus. Was going to bite the bullet and get up very early for the 4 am Aleson Line, but luckily called first on Tuesday and found out that departure would not run on Wednesday. They actually listed me for their 1 pm departure (which became my backup plan.) Arrived at the port at about 4:45 am for the 6 am Montenegro ferry, but was told already full up. My driver (thank God I had someone who spoke Bisaya) found out that Fast Ferry also had a 6 am departure but was running an hour late. His first stop was the desk on the south side of the approach road to get a "priority card" to be able to buy a ticket. With the priority card and the other paperwork (vehicle registration, id cards, MONEY) in hand, my driver stood on line for well over an hour because FastCat's computer/printer failed and the had to do everything by hand. Turns out it didn't matter because the boat didn't arrive until 8:30 anyway. (So much for the estimated 7 am departure.)

While my driver stood on line, security chased me in my car from the RORO queue line on the access road and told me to go park in front of the terminal (this was about 5:15 am). That sounded fine to me, so into the gate I went. I just told the guard I had a priority number for the FastCat and he waved me through. Parked there for well over an hour before we had the ticketing done.

Tried to walk back to my car with my driver, and was chased across the street to another table under yet another tent where they collected a fee (port fee, I think) of P129, but gave me TWO tickets showing the P129 fee. I found that odd, but there was a reason....one ticket is your receipt; the other they collect before they let you out of the port in Dapitan.

Went inside the gate to the tent that said Coast Guard and they took down some information in a ledger, then sent me across the parking lot to the REAL Coast Guard where the Guardsman stamped the paperwork while I entered my information in yet another ledger. Back across the parking lot to pay the terminal fee of P15. I think it was per person, so P30 for me and my driver.

During the wait for the ticketing, the vehicle line had formed behind my parked car, so had to get drivers to open a pathway for me. Then, on to the second gate which was uneventful in getting through, and ushered to a parking spot in a waiting area. Once the ferry arrived and offloaded (fairly quickly, they immediately ran us on to the boat and the frustration was done for the day. The boat was full. Every seat taken and every square meter of vehicle deck space filled. Just under 3 hours after the 6 am departure left at 9:15 am we were "rolling off" in Dapitan.

The return procedures were similar, but the passenger could not go past the inspection stop with the car. Only the driver is permittd. So I had to wait in the terminal. Also, luggage had to be removed and run through the X-ray machine in the terminal. But all the non-luggage crap I haul around in my SUV was ok to go! The ferry on Friday was also a few hours late but, having called FastCat the night before, they told me it would likely be late. Much less drama for the return simply because there were only 4 vehicle to board and a few dozen passengers. Back in the Dumaguete port by 4:45 pm.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1