Dumaguete Info Search

Safety

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by ecelle, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebie57

Ebie57 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ecelle,

you didn't get it?....omg

2. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh. I perfectly get it. I just don't pay attention to replies that does't make sense at all. But i guess, i have to now. It's amazing how some people of this forum act so funny yet ignorant to their replies. it is also amazing how these people sounds like " i know it all" when they're only been there for what? 1 , 2 , 3 4 or 6 yrs? It's also funny how they creticized the local filipinos on their english grammar and how they cannot interact with them when to think about it they don't have to speak english at all infront of you guys, but still they try their best to be friendly and try to understand foreign people to show their hospitality and the willingness to learn as well. Aren't you ( foreigners ) supposed to be the one who should talk bisaya or tagalog because you are in the Philippines? It's not like you're only visiting there, you are actually living there! So, to think about it, you guys should be the one who is learning the language and talk the native language. Just like the Mexican people who are living in America needs to speak or learn english to become a ctzen or to find a job or communicated. I am not pointing this to all the foreigners who wanted to live there or visit there , I just want to make that clear. I am only pointing this to foreigners that act like they know it all and manipulate local filipinos because of the way they speak english. My husband and my foreign friends that wanted to visit philippines or planning on living there doesn't speak good tagalog or bisaya, or doesn't speak it at all, but atleast they appreciate the effort of the locals that are trying their best to talk to then in english, and doesn't creticized at all. just like i salute and appreciate foreigners who are trying their best to speak tagalog or bisaya.

I am not offended at all. It's just funny how other peple think about themselves. Man, you gotta look at yourself in the mirror first before saying things towards others. Not because you are from a powerful country or other country that is better than philippines, you can manipulate people.

My point is.... DO not say something about local filipinos not speaking in a perfect english grammar infront of you when you, yourself doesn't even speak the language that you are living right now.

PEACE...

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    You still don't get it!

You posted under......."Identify Fish & Other Marine Life" !!!!

Not Chat, not some other subject, but Identify Fish & Other Marine Life!!

4. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello? I know that i posted under the thread that i don't supposed to. But, some people here should be smart enough what i meant when i asked about " safety."Although i posted it in the wrong tread or topic, atleast give a right answer base on my question. But for some reason people wanna be a jerk instead and rude, talking about referrng to a fish when they know that , that is not what i am talking about. instead of telling me, " oh, ur in the wrong thread, but to answer your question, here it is.. " they rather make fun.. so ignorant...

5. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Don't be so hard on yourself sweetie! :p

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well, and I would expect that high skilled new members are able to follow certain guidelines in several announcements and are able to read proper, THINK first, use the given tools (like the search-function which would guide you to threads where ALL your questions are already answered), and if additional questions occur, to post in appropriate threads.

We also expect that so high educated members like you claim to be are able to send a mail with a request to adjust or move something (the DI-Team gets quite some of them )

You are abusing a free information platform, examples? Here you go:

You wrote your very first post 3 times in total unappropriated threads (I was deleting two of them right away), you are telling members who are in Dumaguete since years what people they meet here without even knowing a tiny bit of the City. You know how great the education here is, again without being here and having any clue what you are talking about...

Doing what YOU did is what The DI-Team calls ignorant and rude.

You don't like that ? No problem, send ma a mail and I send you your membership - fee back.

cheers

Rhoody

7. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, you're right. maybe i wasn't thinking or reading which thread i supposed to post, my bad on that. I only keep posting and posting to a wrong thread. But, being a moderator of this forum aren't you supposed to be the one who will remind the member that they are posting or doing the wrong posting in the forum thread? onstead of asking nicely or explaining, instead you guys were being arrogant about it? isn't that form of ignorant? And yes i did say that "THOSE foreign people in dumaguete that are in this forum that they think they know this and that; however i also said " that only to those who think they know everything there." I did not said " everyone."

Talking about rudeness and ignorant... read what your other staff ( has been posting to people that are asking a proper question ). I asked because i thought i would get an answer. If im wrong , correct me, don't make me look like a fool on answering my question with nonsense stuff.

If you don't like me and can't stand me, delete my postings and my membership...

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    1.) I am certainly not needed for that anymore ...

2.) I do actually believe that I answer questions appropriate if asked in a correct way, appropriate thread and if I know the answer (unless already questioned and answered numerous times before).

3.) I also do believe that over 2400 unique visitors (and growing) each single day for a small website about a tiny little town in a third world country is proof enough that our rhood (German English) way can't be that wrong.

4.) When registering here you agreed to the terms of use, so actually NO need for me to explain anything, just stick to what YOU agreed to (unless you were forced by anybody to register)

5.) No, I do not respect people here if they don't respect what is provided here and don't follow the few little rules they are supposed to follow.

As a mater of fact, I neither respect nor disrespect people in general, both has to be earned.

9. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I respect that most Filipino's here speak at least two languages. I don't expect Filipino's to speak English at all. It's you who said that the Philippines teaches better English grammar than American schools. I don't know how you could make such an argument considering that English is the native language of the U.S. and a secondary language in the Philippines.

You can't make the same comparison of Mexicans living in the U.S. and U.S. citizens living in the Philippines. Correct me if I'm wrong, but English is an official language of the Philippines. Spanish is not an official language of the U.S. The road signs in Dumaguete seem to be all in English. In the U.S. you need English to get by in most parts of the country, in the Philippines you can do fine by speaking only English.

10. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    hmmmn was the correct answer BLOWFISH?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.