Dumaguete Info Search

Safety

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by ecelle, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    99% in...whats the other 1% that goes in, oh yeah don't tell me. a bratwurst:D.

2. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Pretty d*mn close.............in size that is:D

3. twingo

twingo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    weekend in Apo

Hi every one,

I'm planning to go alone in Dumaguete to visit Apo Island the weekend 22-23 may. I have the problem of paying a lot for the boat to go to Apo. Anybody will be there that weekend for sharing the boat?
    The boat organized by Apo Beach resort is very expensive for one person...any idea?

Is it safe to take the pubblic boat from the market in Dauin?

thank you for any advices???

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    there is no boat from Dauin market to Apo.
    The public boats go from malatapay-market. They leave when full, following the guideline : "how many philippinos can you get on a boat (trike, bus, jeepney)?" answer: "one more..."

here a quote from another thread

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    The billboard indicates the following prices (picture is taken last week).

Attached Files:

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That's a huge one!

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    which, the boat or the poster :rolleyes:

8. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope that thing dont have a red tide.

9. King_Kano

King_Kano DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not For Kids

When asking about safety in a foreign country, a 3rd world country, you need to understand the culture....Study it!!!! And by asking this question, you already know the answer, but want to hear what you want to hear....I will not do that....The Republic of the Philippine Islands, has a great many qualities, maybe more than most tropical type islands, even Hawaii, of not the world....However, the locals have no idea how wonderful their country is....They will tell you how proud they are, but if they really knew how great that place is, they would not be treating it the way they do....They were tossed into the 21st Century, completely unprepared, still holding on to 16th Century religion, and 18th Century family values, and no education, which worked great in the past, until the 20th Century rolled in....Anything you ask here, in regards to serious matters, are, as you noticed, replied to with humor....Reason being, you need to have a great sense of humor to live in the Philippines.....And if you are a tourist, you need lots of brains....First off, it is no place to bring your children, because the criminal element knows you will do anything to protect your children, and are preoccupied with them....You are already a target, as a Kano, tourist, now a woman, and with kids....And, as a woman, you will more than likely be continually answering your prized cell phone, which will bring you a visit from the local robber and his knife....Also, guns are everywhere there and so is alcohol....Get my drift? Kidnapping is only a real problem on the island of Mindanao, so try to stay to the upper 25% of this island, and frankly, just the Davao, area, your first time....If you refuse to listen to me, there is also, Bisling, CDO....You also have to remember, a city is a city, be it Manila, Moscow, Los Angeles, or Atlanta, and tourists are fair game....I would land at Aquino, and immediately transfer to your desired Island....Any of the more tourist looking areas of the Visayans, sometimes called Bisayan, because of the Spanish, will be safer....Wear no jewelry, no watch, have a broken one in your pocket, carry a small purse, hold it tight and close to your body, with just toilet paper, and emergency female items in it, no money....This way, if they rob you, they get no money. No one gives a d*mn about makeup there, it is a humid, tropical island....Make sure your hotel door is always locked, and place a chair under the door knob, because most crimes there, are inside jobs....Make sure, your bags are always LOCKED, and then, locked together, never unpack, even when you are in your room....Careful when opening the door....I would not, until you call down to the front desk....There are many helpful INTERNET sites to help you in the Philippines, one name to search is Perry Gamsby, I think I spelled his last name correctly, read his survival guide and his 101 guide, order it by e-mail, as an e-book, not by book, it is too much....I have all of them...Type key words such as, "Retire in Philippines"....There is also two other Kanos, names are, Chris and Larry, two different sites....They too live on the Islands and have great information....You may e-mail me for more information, but it is my toss and spam e-mail, so it may take a week for me to respond....AGAIN, THE PHILIPPINES ISLANDS or any third world country, is not for children....Take them to Disneyland, in California, not Florida, and enjoy yourself, because going to California, is cheaper than all of the problems you will have in the Philippines, with kids

10. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi King, Sorry, but I have to disagree...we taken our kids to the Philippines and to Disneyland in california...and they perfer the PI by far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.