Dumaguete Info Search

Schools in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by grindven_cruz@yahoo.com, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, if you get your pink glasses off, you will find out after researching that NO Single course in Dumaguete has any accreditation outside the Philippines.

no matter how hard and honest you study.

Don't get emotional about my statement, this are the simple facts.

2. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello all,

ok I didn't post much some couple of days because I was very busy perparing my papers to go to the philippine embassy in milan. So I had been to the embassy and luckyly I finished it without having much problem because I have all my papers ready and alot of photo copies. Any what I want to contribute in this thread is when I was in the embassy I met a filipina and accidentally she was working in the hospital near where I am living. She told me that she finished her nursing course in the philippines. Since she was married to an italian she ask to be recognized by the hospital. She made her papers translated and then she took the general examination for all those who wants to be a licensed nurse this includes also all the italian citizen. So she made it to be nurse here in italy even if she was a philippine graduate. Though it is a must that you pass the exam. And I must add that she was the first immagrant that had been credited in that hospital. She told me it was very hard in the start because her patient always doubt on her capacity. But now she's working for almost 17 years in this hospital.

3. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sorry guys I am still abit about of my head. I hope you all understand what I am saying. Even with some wrong spelling and some missing words. ok I will log out now. peace

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Claire, first congrats to succeeding in your paperwork. Your english is better than mine :smile:

Of course there are success-stories out there and that is great as they give hope. On the other hand 20 -25 years ago the PI was on the level of other south east asian countries and while all others developed in terms of infrastructure, economy, tourism etc. very positive, the development here was more or less a standstill.

Closing the eyes from facts and reality and don't look further than the arm reaches won't change that. Always the very first step for changes and improvement is to accept that there is something wrong. The very few who do that are usually those who succeed.

5. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hello sir Rhoody,

Yes I am done with the first half of my papers but the philippine passport will be done in a month. Though what I need to do is just to wait for it then when it is done then I can claim it. Anyway about my english I really don't know if I speak better than you. But I always try to do my best to speak in english when I get the chance to expand little bit my learning. And yes it is very true that to have a chance to find a well paid job out of the philippines a side from being a domestic helper is very rare but to be a domestic helper is not bad at all. I think it is a very degnified job. About the school I think the name of the school doesn't matter at all if the student doesn't study. Even if the school has all the facilities and all the tools to provide their students the best quality of education but if the student him/her self don't do its duties to study hard. So I think if a student enroll in a school because it is famous but without the heart to invest to study hard then the name of the school doesn't bring you anywhere. I say this because in the place where I am living they really have good schools here but some students are not able to go through because they don't study and one more thing and I think also it is a big factor for the learning of the student is the ability of the teacher to communicate to the class. Which I should say many teachers in the philippines don't give much importance if they are effective and able to communicate to their students. It seems like their life goes on because they get paid anyway. I don't intend to make other people feel bad about my post. But I am just realistic. My apology to those who might feel bad. good day claire :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.