Dumaguete Info Search

Schools In Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by BAZ, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Wak-wak,

I definitely like your sense of humor!! This one, and your response to building houses with beach sand crack me up!:D

2. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    cebu international school is better than most schools in the states but its expensive and its in cebu city
    and the better schools in dumaguete aren't as bad as depicted here imo

3. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Haha! listen people, you are misreading my posts! I was just giving an example of what goes on in the phils. On corruption...when you are there you WILL bribe someone at some time, that is the way of life, I gave the customs guy money for nothing?? yes I pre read the situation as I did not want to be held up as he went through all the stuff, so I gave money. I did not have anything to hide at all I wanted to get out of the airport, thats it.

As filipinos or westerners, in the phils you will bribe someone at sometime, its a fact. I am not saying its wrong or right.

Instead of insulting people who you do not agree with try reasoning it out and meeting them halfway?? Like myself, I take onboard alot of what others say here and agree with some points, I do not insult them if they say anything that I disagree with. I think some here misread what I am getting at, I am using a scenario to emphasise my point.

cebudiver, no I did not say Phils schools are bad, I said they are not as good. Thats what I said.

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I have long lived in the Philippines and my parents lived there now ,brothers and sister are all in the US but never heard of any single discussion related to any incident involving acts of bribery whilst in the Philippines.It’s a matter of personal principle and belief .I have never bribe an official in my whole life, and never will do so.They can extract money by gun point ,then it’s not bribery. If one bribes ,that’s an act supporting corruption,no wonder the cheats will always continue to exist and proliferate in this society because there are people like your kind that reinforce it .I agree with your statement using scenario to emphasize your point across , but using your own experience or self confession of an act of bribery without the need of it, gets me in total disbelief that there are people who do that then. I would repeat it here again,we encountered many similar circumstances but we never give bribe ,what for,there’s no reason to bribe a customs official just for looking at your passport ? You have very strange ideas . No way,unless one has done something wrong to make secret amends .Perhaps there’s more to the story.I just wonder,lols.

I have no intention to insult you in previous post, but come what may how you feel about it ,it was a feedback whether you like it or not.Your post was all clear and I don’t have problems with my reading comprehension so far I am aware of and I have no doubt I read it quite well, you have the penchant to give bribes , and shall I say that’s a fact . How sad that is.

5. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Yuo have never given any money to anyone in the phils to do anything for you....you must be the only person.

BTW you have read it wrong again, I gave the money in customs so he would not open up all the baggage, reason only for me, I wanted to get out of the airport, after a 17hr flight! it was not to look at my passport, how can I stop my passport being looked at???? and I was not hiding anything or carrying anything that I should not have. that was not the reason. please read carefully. There are many honest people in the phils in official posts. but one day sooner or later there may be a time and place that you will need to "give" someone something to help and get things done for you, or speed something up, or bypass some procedure. to say you never will, would be a big ask.

How do you think Philippine Presidents get elected, by honest votes?

6. West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Pickled Newt's not the only one...I haven't given money to any official.

Giving money to someone to do something , isn't that that a tip? :confused: I think that's different than giving to an official. Plus, Philt, the way security is changing in Manila's Airport, I would caution you in doing that again going thru customs, or you just might end up in the slammer, just like Heathrow. Just advise:wink:

7. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. :smile:

Regarding education, I can't speak to the comparison, but my gf goes to a private school and her school hours are very long. Hours more per day compared to when I went to high school (US).

This school thread seems to have morphed into one about corruption, more specifically bribery. This statement and ones like it caught my attention.

PhilT voluntarily did a pre-emptive "bribe" to ensure the express route. Then there is non-voluntary bribing. Not literally at gun point, but a bad situation in which they outright ask or hint. Like getting pulled over for a "traffic violation". The type of thing a foreigner is more likely to get into due to being percieved as being rich. That is common. It makes one think that if the police are doing it then who the hell do we report crime to?

I also know Filipinos that have been asked for a bribe to get out of a situation in which their life is hell, almost like having a gun to your head. When you find yourself in that situation in PI, don't be surprised to hear at least one bribe request....some of which can be fake and are merely trying to take advantage of your situation.

8. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    West coast hokies...( you know I cannot get enthused with a name like that ) anyway I reckon I was travelling to the phils when you were probably in school, so do not give me advice, I do not need any from you.

I could take this bribes topic to a next level, I want to as I think you underestimate me hokie. I would like to SPELL it out for you. shall I bother? not really. you have no idea where I am coming from on this anyway, so if I were to elaborate you would not get it anyway.

9. West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Youre right. Just keep on doing what your doing. Seems to be working, huh?

10. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1

Sorry? was this to me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.