Sea urchin watching off Maayong Tubig, Dauin For the record, I have no idea what type of jellyfish it was that got me, but it hurt. This photo was taken about 15 minutes after he stung me... after I got the tentacles off and did about 10 minutes or so of salt water soaking.... the pain went away after about 4-5 hours, but it still itches pretty bad. The swelling got worse, then went away. The worst part though is the aftermath. Itching is pretty bad and the site itself looks like I got some sort of poison ivy/oak weal with no weeping. SOOO.... if you see one of those jellyfish or even some long translucent tentacles get away fast.