Dumaguete Info Search

seeking a job opportunity at Robinsons Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jacky b, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    :D I understood. That's why jacky need to learn this time how to lift hollow blocks and wheelbarrows hehehe...

2. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    According to Dept of Labor, minimum wage rates (basic pay and cola) depends on the sector and region, for Region 7 ( Central Visayas) the minimum wage is Php 267.00 a day, but I don't know how many employers comply to these rules anyway.

link:
    www.bles.dole.gov.ph/CLS'08/cls_apr09/pdf_files/Tab20.pdf

maximus is right about the minimum wage here in central visayas....but in spi, you will be paid a minimum of 15,000 per month as copy editor if you pass the qualifying exam and the 3.5 months training thereafter...

for the training, you will only get an allowance of 5,000 each month. However, training is only 4 hours a day, which will allow you to have time to do another job....

honestly, i don't know if it depends on the industry...but a BPO company such as teletech and spi surely pays well...

ahmm...another info would be that if you work as a copy editor in spi, you will have no night shifts as compared to working at teletech and student universe...however, you might have to wake up early because work shift for copy editors begins at 6 am to 2 pm. next shift would be 2 pm to 10 pm...workdays are monday to saturday....

:smile:

3. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    as what i know, there is no main office for Robinsons here in the city where you can directly send your resume....

and yes, the position as copy editor is at spi....in spi, you will be paid a minimum of 15,000 per month as copy editor if you pass the qualifying exam and the 3.5 months training thereafter...

for the training, you will only get an allowance of 5,000 each month. However, training is only 4 hours a day, which will allow you to have time to do another job....

honestly, i don't know if it depends on the industry...but a BPO company such as teletech and spi surely pays well...

ahmm...another info would be that if you work as a copy editor in spi, you will have no night shifts as compared to working at teletech and student universe...however, you might have to wake up early because work shift for copy editors begins at 6 am to 2 pm. next shift would be 2 pm to 10 pm...workdays are monday to saturday....

4. OP
    OP
    jacky b

jacky b DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thedude,
    when Robinsons started the construction of the mall, of course at that time the first job openings are for construction workers until now. but of course there are other job openings for other people-undergrad or grad.

5. OP
    OP
    jacky b

jacky b DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi c rymz! thanks for the info. what about for other job positions? is it true that the starting salary for some job positions is Php 6,000? are there job openings now at spi?
    Thanks. jacky b

6. OP
    OP
    jacky b

jacky b DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi c rymz,
    may i know your contact no.? if it's ok with you.
    thanks,
    jacky b.

7. kjigs

kjigs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jacky!

HAve you considered applying in TeleTech? Let me know if you're interested. :smile:

8. texasb

texasb DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jacky b, if you're not from Duma, metro manila is still your best option to get a job. Usually, jobs offered by robinsons, sm, gaisano and other department stores are handled by employment agencies, so at most good only for five months! Relocating for a 5month job is a big gamble. Good luck.

9. termac

termac DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Robinsons

Jacky B
    Robinsons was at the Job Fair hosted by DOLE yesterday. They were looking for a mass com expert with degree and 2 years experience. They were also looking for an engineer with similar qualifications.

10. sophie25

sophie25 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi echir,

i was wondering if you could help me out with where i could send my resume for other call centers who are hiring. like ePLDT venuts or student universe? i'm just exploring other options if i don't land a job in Teletech right away.

thank you :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.