Dumaguete Info Search

Sept-Oct water & weather condition for scuba diving

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by myhisobaby, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myhisobaby

myhisobaby DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

My group is planning for scuba diving at Dauin and Apo Island, but we aren't sure about the weather and water condition from mid Sept - end of Oct. Please advice.

Thanks beforehand

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The water condition are great during this time in Apo. The surface condition can be rough at times and diving might be only possible at on side of Apo. Well, that can happen all year around.

As we get into wet (not rainy season) with quite some rainfalls in the mountains it can happen that rivers wash some rubbish (plastic-bags) into the ocean. It is up to your dive-guide to evaluate the conditions at that spot and maybe move to the next if not appropriate for diving in the shallow waters.... at least good guides would do so :smile:

At the coastal dives, the next dive-site is just a few minutes away, so there is no problem to change the spot and come back later.

3. OP
    OP
    myhisobaby

myhisobaby DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks...Rhoody. I am appreciated for your info. I knew that you would be the one who replied the question when I posted the thread. Nice! Nice! Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.