Dumaguete Info Search

Serious Question ?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by 415gem, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Pot calling the Kettle Black Club

Hi Timn8ter,

I'd like to officially welcome you to the Pot Calling the Kettle Black club, this is a very exclusive club, and you only are allowed membership directly through the cartoon kid (Visayas). He was kind enough to provide me the exact same membership. So, again, welcome to the club. The cartoon kid is fun to mess with, all you have to do is say something about his mumblings/ramblings and you get a bite everytime...lol. It breaks up the mood and with real people around to help us new folks out, we can basically use Visayas as comic relief.

Tom (Kettle Club Member #1)

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I'm truly honored. Thank you very much.
    :D

Tim (Kettle Club Member #2)

3. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    "Sarasota is a popular resort town, with a substantial number of well-to-do residents. It attracts visitors from around the USA."

I could have used any town in the US - for a comparison to dumaguete, lets try a college town with a population of about 100,000 - from my home state... Gainesville fla (pop.115,000)... does the name ted bundy ring a bell?serial killer on campus??
    and I am sure you have heard of another college town in the news recently... Blacksburg, Va (pop. 95,000) - Virginia Tech ?
    ...my apologies for using the recent tragedy to make my point - especially to west point hokies...

4. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sorry, I had to make one more response as well - even though I am clubbing a dead horse

5. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks for the apologies, though it's not needed...I know exactly the point your making. And it is a tragic and recent example of senseless violence happening anywhere.

6. OP
    OP
    415gem

415gem DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You all are great !!!

Everyone thanks for the replies . I would rather live without walls . Still , peace of mind is invaluable . I would rather live high on a mountain with no neighbors . Isolation has it`s drawbacks . Negros is not the US , it is probably safe 99.9 % of the time . I am trying to think about the 00.01 %( trouble ), I am sure all could understand . Plus , I am not a show off or flashy type person , but I will get a motorcycle and my gf a scooter . This obviously indicates we have more than the average Pinoy . I will cross that bridge someday and appreciate everyones advice . Regards Kevin

7. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We have a wall around our resort - mainly for the customers to feel secure and clearly show what is and isnt part of our facilities - and there is a problem with petty theft ( as there is ANYWHERE) although, thank the lord, we havent had any problems at the resort aso far... our house in the village is almost finished and has no wall -
    in the US we dont have a wall - but my parents have a $4,000. security system - quite a bit more than my $25. motion detector in Lilo- an

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yes, I would not want to exaggerate our security concerns either. My wife does insist on a gated community...and that is solely because we will be away much of the time to Oz, Alaska, Paraguay etc...she reckons there is little chance of us returning to an intact house in town if we're away for extended periods. So to improve those chances...living in a gated community seems the only option. We're not particularly worried about physical safety in Dumaguete, or anywhere else in the Philippines, not a problem in our experience for thirty years, but the issue of our home being pilfered while away....yes, that is a significant cause for concern...as it is here in Perth....more so for her. For me it is just an insurance nuisance....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.