Dumaguete Info Search

Shallow water dive

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Your wrong , RHOODY is right...

Gentlemen !! Mister Rhoody is RIGHT . The fish is NOT a stonefish AT ALL , just a member of the Family Scorpidontidae !! Likely just as a post from me to Rhoody very close or even a kind Of INIMUCUS sp. The pictures I have posted are of Inimucus didactylus. The venom of ALL lionfish is NON TERMO RESISTANT and will break down at 42 degree Celcius.. WHILE WITH THE STONEFISH is is uncomparable and WILL KILL YOU. Lionfish never ever have kill a single person. From me own experience: a USA Marine 25 years ago in Zambales went after some smoking of weed ,into a floating net with several HUNDREDS of lionfish , ready to be on their way to Manila Ornamental Fish exporters the next day. He got stung many many times , but only got paralized up to the waist line and ended up in a wheel chair..

For RHOODY , my compliments to you regarding your knowlegde. Since you are german , are you familiar with German marinebiologist like Chlupathy and Debelius ?? Both have several fish and invertebrates carrying their names. Like Hoplolatilus chlupathy and Centroppyge debelius .. (pictures I have upon request)
    Yep ,Rhoody your are right, Ghost Pipefish are unlike the others of the family and the female does carry the eggs.. just trying to confuse some here. As result of your correction here a picture with a MATED PAIR of Ghost Pipe Fish ( aquarium pic Robert Patzner) . As we can clearly see a MUCH smaller male and a big Mamma ! Also ,once more although posted several weeks ago, a good picture of the TRUE STONE FISH..

Attached Files:

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thank you Earl. I take that as a great compliment.
    actually my knowledge is not so broad, but after 3000+ hours in the philippine waters i should know my/our all fantastic garden out there a bit. Actually I know Helmut Debelius and I like some of his reefguides. I would suggest the Brown one (Reef guide - Asia Pacific) to some of the members here, it has one of the best overviews of the region, and quite some shots were made in the waters here.

still kicking and bubbling

Rudi

3. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    oops - meant scorpionfish and not stonefish sorry for the mis ID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.