Dumaguete Info Search

Shipping boxes Manila to Dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by debiB, Sep 10, 2011.

1. debiB

debiB DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Nov. two of us will be flying in from the U.S. with a couple of 50+lb. boxes (as checked baggage). From Manila we will be flying Philippine Airlines back to Dumguete. I think Philippine Airlines has a 15kg baggage limit. Anyone know the best way to get these boxes shipped down to Dumaguete? Thanks

2. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    2Go Freight is the one we use, takes 6 or 7 days by sea. Just take it to the nearest outlet to wherever you are in manila.

If you need it faster, use LBC, but a lot more expensive

http://www.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/outlets.asp

http://www.2go.com.ph/DeliveryTransport/parcel/boxes.asp

Cheers

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Excess Baggage!

:confused: Hi debi, you don't say if you will have normal Luggage too, If the Boxes are the only Luggage, For me debi, I think I would abandon the Shipping, you quote, 2 x 50lb Boxes as checked in Luggage, that is only 45 kilos in total, You have a joint 30kg allwance on PAL. So you will have only 15kg Excess. At DEC 2010 cost of 100php per excess kilo, that is only 1.500 php to pay. Far cheaper and Quicker to bring it on, as Excess baggage. Now, if it is 50kg boxes you mean, then it is still only 7.500 php to pay, again, far cheaper and Quicker (Safer too I would hazard, a guess) With some Arithmatic, on the TOTAL weight you can arrive at a figure if you are bringing normal Luggage too.:wink:

Whatever, All the very Best, have a safe Trip. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

4. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Post office is good option but 50 lbs might be too heavy.