Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor Beach Resorts recommended

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by OzeMike, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We are planning to go for our first trip from Dumaguete to Siquijor for a 2-3 day stay. Looking for good value beach resort (not too expensive!) with good pool and white sand beach good for swimming. Any recommendations?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    The tourist end is the San Juan block. Loadsa different resorts for all types of prices. Phone or email ahead etc - depends on how much you want to spend. I think the place is fast becoming another Boracay and give it a wide berth.

As to swimming, there’s a moot point. Most of the beaches around Siquijor have lagoons, very shallow, sometimes muddy and as you near the reef populated by spiny starfish. Very painful. Salagdoong does have your ‘tradional’ shelving beach...but the place is a magnet for tourists of many different nationalities. Thus you are likely to share your blissful beach kickback with karaoke, beat box Crates of San Mig Grande quaffing Filipino Families, bellowing Chinese Frat boys or anyone else and their cultural ideas if what constitutes a good day out at the seaside. Unless the kids demand it, it’s another place I prefer to avoid. Apologies for the misanthropy today. Must have been something I ate.

I’m painting a black picture, huh? Siquijor is a paradise and you can kick back in peace n quiet. More or less these days it means knowing a savvy local. Depends on what you want. PM me with some more specific requirements and I’ll float you a more specific recommendation.

Cheers,

Denizen of Siquijor, C

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Some recommendations: Diamonds de Siquijor. A small well lead beach resort in Siquijor Town but very quiet. Or the Kalachuchi Resort in Larena next to Enrique Villanueva. A big lovely resort with beach and pool. An issue on Siquijor is also the big tides. At low tide most time you will be land locked with tons of spiny sea urchins.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Kalachuch’ is my neighbour and main man. Lovely chaps, very positive and will make your stay a good ‘un. Er, no beach though but a decent pool. For beach n sea swimming just turn around the corner and then you have Sandugan. Can’t fault Kala at all. Never stayed, have eaten...but two very stand up guys manage it. See ‘em most days when en residence, two nicer folk and staff you can’t find.
    C

• Like Like x 1
  5. berndtravel

berndtravel DI Junior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I like to stay North of Larena in SANDUGAN right on the beach at

ISLANDERS PARADISE. Just beside:

KIWI for swim and to have my beer at the cozy bar.

Both not crowded and not so expensive.

or CASA DE LA PLAYA

All 3 Have restaurant, but don’t have a pool.

After you go down the many stairs once, you find all 3 closed within in 5 Min. easy beachwalk

KALACHUCHI very nice, but swimming only in the pool and expensive.

For all above, take only a ferry to LARENA PORT instead Siquijor City.

Try to make it 3-5 days at least.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good information Cerne especially the beach swimming heads up as I wondered about that, appreciated

7. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Good information Dr Shiva thanks! Kalachuchi resort sounds what we are looking for with pool and nice beach.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Great information Bern cheers! No beach at Kalachuchi so is it up on a headland with no beach access?

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Islander Resort has access to the Beach and has 2 Cottages on the Beach, my favorite Place for peace and Quiet. When On the Beach just go up the Steps to the bar for your beer or take your meal down prices are good also, Plenty of Parking and has Motorbike Hire (Scooters)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    More that the property overlooks the beach from a short cliff. Or if memory serves they have access to a sliver of beach...but it’s a plod. Our good correspondents above are correct in every detail about Sandugan. Kiwi is lovely, islanders are customers of mine and fabulous. I’m not allowed in Casa as the wife doesn’t trust some of the filipinas in there. Something about them being “Egat”. Further along the shore is Bebots...a ‘bar’ of sorts if you count San Mig served from the window of someone’s sala as a bar. Cool palapas for shade and the best swimming along that stretch.

C

• Like Like x 1