Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor from Moalboal?

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Cybervlad, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    dmtime71 : Bangkok is internationally reknowed destination.

Hey Troll,
    you blame somebody to have bad english skills. Climb back up your tree where you come from.

I forgot, you said education is your strengh. Whatever your country is, but I prefer the english of Rhoody(German), Fundiver (Denmark), Cybervlad (Russia) the Dane(Denmark) or Jellyfish (Netherlands).
    Vlad, stick to Fundiver and Rhoody, they know what they are talking about even with different opinions, but I am sure YOU are educated enough to get the best out of it

keep trolling dm

Maryfee

2. dmtime71

dmtime71 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Relax, relax.
    Breathe in good, breathe out bad.

Do you mind explaining what "troll" is, exactly, before accusing me of it?

Are you calling me a troll because I am posting too much in this forum? I didn't know there was a quota.

What's the deal with you and rudi accusing me of being a troll? :confused:

3. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello all,

Hot discussion, he-he :smile:
    Take it easy, we just discussing an vacations, why holywars? :smile:
    Anyway, we already decided to spend 1 day (actually 1/2 of day) in Manila. Just to take a look and decide do we need spend more time in this city next time or not
    Personally me, I always take in account opinions of other people but make decision only with my own experience.

One day for big city - enough or not?
    My first visit to Bangkok 5 years ago was just one-day-trip. But I catch "a spirit of the city" and return to Bangkok several times after that.
    By the way, this time it will be my 7th visit to Bangkok. But for some people in our group it will be first visit of BKK and Thailand :smile:
    Speaking about other cities, I can say that I spend only 1 day exploring Hanoi, 2.5 days exploring Kuala Lumpur, 1/2 day for ChiangMai and ChiangRai, 1 day in Ayuthaya, 3 whole days for SiemReap (actually, AngkorWat) etc. I mean, that it depends :smile:

balustre, what interesting will be Larena on May 3rd?
    Except my birthday :smile:

4. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Philippine Fiestas are religious celebrations. Philippine homes are open to visitors. Visitors are treated to local cuisine. The town usually has sports events, parade, beauty contests, and fairs. Larena's fiesta is on May 3rd.

5. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanx, balustre!
    Sounds good.
    I think we can transfer to Larena from Manila (via Dumaguete of course), spend there May 3rd, then return to Dumaguete,do planned diving etc, then continue to Bohol as mentioned above.

6. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Larena

Hi Vlad

It sounds like a very good idea to experience the festival of Larena, since you are planning to visit Siquijor anyway. As for "catching the spirit of a city" then returning later, yes of course this is possible. I am sure, you know what you are doing, and that you will have a nice vacation with your group.

Best regards, Lars

7. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanx to all!

Can I ask yet another question? :smile:
    It is "general" question, about currency exchange.
    In Thailand exchange offices open till late evening (sometimes 10 p.m.). In Malaysia it is very difficult to change money in the evening.
    What about Philippines? Especially Dumaguete :smile:

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    You can change money untill 6pm, there are no money changers in the night, but you can withdraw money with international C-Card (Master, Visa) at ATM Machines at different locations in Dumaguete. The money changers on the street are (not like in other asian countries) ok and give a correct good rate. Banks in general give a weak rate. Optimum is a reliable good moneychanger too and quite central located. Which Resort do you stay?

In smaller cities and towns you may have big problems to change money with a acceptable exchange-rate in general.

cheers

Rhoody

9. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks, Rhoody!

p.s. We not selected hotel/resort yet.

10. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    ATM´s

With your planned roundtrip (Manila, Dumaguete, Siquijor, Panglao) you will have the possibility to withdraw money from ATM´s in Manila, Dumaguete and Tagbilaran (Bohol). Please note that max. withdrawal pr. transaction in most ATM´s is 4.000 or 5.000 peso only, and not all machines accept an international Visa card. In Dumaguete you can only use a Visa card in machines from Equitable Bank (5.000), China Bank (5.000) and Metro Bank (4.000).

You can withdraw several times right after each other, depending on the daily limit on your card, but will then pay a fee for each withdrawal. So this is not a particularly cheap way to get cash. You can find ATM`s in Manila or Cebu with a higher limit pr. transaction, but likely not anywhere else. Many of the slightly more expensive resorts or hotels will accept, that you pay for your stay, diving and other activities directly with a credit card, which will substantially reduce your need to carry around large amounts of cash. Credit cards are also accepted in the big malls, but usually not in restaurants, smaller shops or in the cheapest pension houses, hotels or resorts.

If you do not have a credit card or consider the costs of using it in ATM´s to be to high, then the best solution is to bring cash USD and change in Manila, Dumaguete or Tagbilaran. It is not difficult to find a money changer at Alona Beach / Panglao either, but I am not sure, if the rate will be particularly good, as this is a very turisted area, where prices of everything is generally jacked up a bit.

Lars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.