Dumaguete Info Search

Siquijor from Moalboal?

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Cybervlad, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    BPI ATMS (4 in Duma) let you withdraw 20 K in one go. should last for a evening in Duma...

Rhoody

2. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks again :smile:

I know well how works IPS like VISA/MC, because this is my profession :smile:
    Limits for withdraw, fees for withdraw etc.
    So I use my card only for pay in stores (especially, duty free :smile: ) and as emergency source of cash.
    For everyday payments I prefer to change some cash.

By the way, can I exchange EUR at street money changers or they prefer only USD?

3. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You better go to the registered money changer than the one on the street for safety reasons.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Vlad,
    Euro are no problems in Dumaguete, I know from my Bank here that at present they prefer Euro to the US$.

Daffs,
    did you make any bad expierience with the money changer on the street here?
    pls share if yes, cause I usually go to them since 3 years now and never got ripped of by one single centavo. I know it sounds strange but it is totally different than in indonesia and Thailand. If anyone made bad expierience with them, please post it

cheers

Rhoody

5. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Bpi - Visa

Hi Rhoody

Do you know, if BPI ATM´s accept an international VISA card? I have to admit, that it is ages since I checked this.

Lars

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I know it is working for my Master, I cant say anything about VISA, as I fu@%# up my PIN and use it only for online payment. At the time (8 month ago) it was working, both had no problem on any ATM's

cheers

Rhoody

7. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Master / Visa

I guess BPI ATM`s are only accepting Master card then, not Visa. At least this is how it was a few years ago, when I last checked it. Personally I don´t really care so much about this, since I have a local bank account, but it is nice to know for giving the best possible advice to friends and family travelling to the Philippines.

A Master card also often gives ascess to a cheap travel insurance, so getting one might be a very good idea for people planning to visit the Philippines. I am not a big fan of recommending people to bring large amounts of cash with them when travelling, since this is always a bit risky.

Lars

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Visa and Master were working perfect, I just had a bit a PIN mess-up...

a bit off-topic, but fits to the C-Card's, Cebu Pacific makes troubles with several Master Cards when used for online-booking. Use the same card with booking via telephone is no problem.

cheers

Rhoody

9. OP
    OP
    Cybervlad

Cybervlad DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have no problem with VISA/MC because my bank always issue two card: VISA and MC, linked to same bank account. So, if VISA doesn't work I simply use MC and vise versa :smile:
    In addition, for internet (online) payment I create special "virtual card", with distinguished number and some restriction to prevent CC fraud. I always use virtual card for online hotel/tickets booking. :smile:

10. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Hi Rhoody,
    Actually, I don't have yet a bad experience with the money changer on the street because I also never try them.But I think for the one who is first time in that city and go immediately changing their money on the street it's just to risky for me.That's why I give that advice.Maybe they can do it later, for example they can meet a friends there or like you who can recomend that this street money changer is reliable .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.