Dumaguete Info Search

Skip's beach resort Daanbantayan Cebu

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by uksteve1948, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uksteve1948

uksteve1948 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't remember how i came accross this site I think that it was the gardens in Sibulan I was searching for but I just have to go. They have 4 rooms maximum 1000 pesos a night free camping grounds for 180 people in 6 large shelters so the locals can turn up with there food spend a day on the beach borrow boats bicycles get a cup of coffee, cook there food all for free. They have posters up all over the barangay offering help with medical emergencies for the local kids I just think its awesome I will take Cheryljane there meet some locals and make a lot of friends i hope.
    In the meantime will send a few quid to support the local kids there hope you all look at the link and tell me what you think only has 4 rooms so I hope its full most of the time so not letting too many secrets out.

Skip's Beach Resort in Cebu, Philippines think you need to cut and paste

2. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A very generous resort I’ve ever known.I think it’s so very attractive to the locals, means there are always many people everyday coming in and out, singing in this videoke the whole day,many curious eyes pointing out you… while you’re lying on the beach.Privacy already lucking here, because of just to much FREE. Im willing to pay a bit more, coz I like to enjoy the resort which is not like a public place.

3. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Not to be a total downer on the conversation, but Skip Elsworth, the founder of Skip's Beach Resort recently passed away. I assume his widow still operates the place but it certainly will never be the same...

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Unfortunately, Skip's quality of service always went down the tubes when he was out of town, now he is out for the count.

Larry

5. jkdbrotherhood

jkdbrotherhood DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Skip was a great man and will surely be missed. However, his wife Belle, with the help of her brother in law who is there full time now, has added more rooms and redesigned certain areas of the resort and even has a fully stocked bar now with tropical drinks. You won't find better hospitality anywhere.

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Yes that's true,but isn't everyplace that"s run by a foreigner the same way:eek:

7. Mr Van Os

Mr Van Os One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All,
    I Just spent a few days at Skip's resort and I was very impressed. The room was overlooking the ocean (right outside) it was clean, air-conditioned and had a good TV with at least 40 channels for only P1,400. Belle is a fantastic hostess and the staff is very friendly and efficient. I have been all over the Fils and I can say that this was one of the best values I have found in a beach resort. There is a fully stocked bar/ restaurant overlooking the ocean and Belle and her staff cook up some really good food.
    At the time I was there the free karaokee room was not available. I hope they get that feature operational by my next visit because I really would like to sing with some of the local people.

8. jkdbrotherhood

jkdbrotherhood DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear you had a great time. I was there in November and am friends with the Ellsworth family. I wonder why the Karaoke was out...maybe the machine was broke.

Were you in room number nine? If so, I was too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.