Dumaguete Info Search

Smells Like a Troll

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    A good troll always keeps a couple of sock puppets on the side for when they are needed.

2. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Are you saying you are registered as several different members on this site who constantly fight and bicker each other?Kinda like a one man puppet show pulling every bodies strings? Just asking cause I didn't know what meant by somebody has to do it..Well enjoy whatever you are up to:D

3. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    maintaining multiple accounts in a single forum is a waste of time and effort, its plain crazy switching from one account to the other and what... post the same things?

thats unless the owner of those accounts means to do something: annoy someone, try to discredit the site, or perform part of a marketing campaign, sell a product or idea... these are the most common IMO.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Trolls are back.
    Is there any medicine for it?

5. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    trolls are back...

Truffles......

6. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This is the solution of:http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp:

Next time you are on a message board and you see a post by somebody whom you think is a troll, and you feel you must reply, simply write a follow-up message entitled "Troll Alert" and type only this:

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction and not to respond to trolling messages. It is well known that most people don't read messages that nobody responds to, while 99% of forum visitors first read the longest and the largest threads with the most answers.

Troll Message is an outrageous message posted to a message board, newsgroup or mailing list to bait people to answer.

7. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Forum Administrators, thank you for once again eliminating trolls and the loquacious b.s.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    ????????????????

:eek: Pat! Did I miss something?:confused:

Jack P.:smile:

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Jack, I sent you an email on this, don't want to reopen Pandora's box. Just some dumb @ss pointed jokes that I believe got the sender the boot.

10. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Tunji....no, I was referring to you living on a nut farm (American humor) and using a pun.
    As for any Trolls, I have always found them to be worthless a-holes that don't have a life, except by making trouble. So sad to have to live that way.
    I do appreciate the effort to keep them out of here.
    As I said above, uncontrolled apps (like on my iPhone) have been ruined by Trolls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.