Dumaguete Info Search

Snorkling in Apo Island

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    march and april ....its also the only time that boats go out to tubattah

2. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Careful with current diving.

Hello guys.

As an experienced strong current diver from Norway,I will adwice you to be carefull diving strong current places. Be careful with "Bio Fin" type fins.
    First a little about myself.I am a male 46 year old.I started diving in 1977 and have a two star CMAS licence. I start current dive allready from the beginning.
    A near place "Fosenstraumen" contain all the current I need. With the current of up to 8 knots tidal current. I have also dived Saltstraumen near Bodø in Norway , which probably is the fastest tidal divespot I know about, with up to 18 knots of tidal current. Both of this places is state of the art divespots.

Diving strong current dives need a skilled diver.Apo especially cause this tidal will grab you right to the open ocean with deep water which makes it difficult to be found even you reach the surface. My trouble with BIO FINS type fins is that these fins makes you a false safeness. They gives you a good speed with less effort. But they have a drawback. When you really need the big speed they fail.Almost like a wheelie.
    Now I am not a well experienced APO diver although I have dived there some times.

3. iheartdgte

iheartdgte DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been snorkeled Apo a few times. I've always made arrangements in Dumaguete first. I don't know the price comparison but I like the fact that I can doing everything at one time (get the boat scheduled and the gear) for one fee.

Two weeks ago when I went, we scheduled through a dive shop/resort right one the beach and it was very fast and convenient. I wish I could remember the name of it. :P

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I just saw an offer for a snorkeling trip to Apo for 1,500, starting in Dumaguete. Including transfers fees softdrinks and snorkling gear and a big BBQ-Lunch-Buffet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.