Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Somewhere nice to stay in Dumaguete for a week (NOT TOURIST Orientated)

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Brian Oinks, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    What about Valencia? There are also some resorts available with pools. One I did visited but I forgot its name.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    There are MANY Resorts online, I have been looking to the south and north of Dumaguete and have been reading about them online but I also read the comments posted by others who have stayed there, those where the comments are all about diving touring etc then sitting around drinking afterwards I discount as I do not want to be surrounded by a pack of loud drunks, I am slowly putting together a list of 'possibles' that sound quiet and relaxing where we can keep to ourselves and just plain unwind and relax...

Thank you all for all of the suggestions guys as some I had not found online during my initial searches, I have contacted some to make inquiries before I confirm a booking, but am yet to hear back from them... :thumbsup:

3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have heard that from others about the Florentina Homes. They don't respond to emails. Not sure why, but that's life here. One friend refused to stay there because they did not respond to his email. It was his loss. Perhaps try contacting them on their Facebook page? Thats life in Philippines. Facebook or texting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I contacted several by Facebook and left my Cell# and email address in the hope they read my questions and reply, *fingers crossed* someone will reply. I still wish to go look before we pay in advance so that we know what we are getting and can ask questions. The wife is still looking (shocked at/comparing some of the asking prices compared to our two stays in Cebu) and the more we look at the more frustrating/confusing it becomes, I have a feeling soon she may want to go back to Cebu instead of staying locally. Hopefully soon we will have a room booked with available food/ pool etc :wink:

5. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
  6. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    With-in walking distance mate :biggrin: But all suggestions have been appreciated very much! :thumbsup:
    But now the wife is losing interest each time she works out how much it is going to cost for one week. :unsure: I am fine with it and have told her we should go (she REALLY NEEDS the break away trust me!!) but she does not like to 'waste money'... I have a 'keeper' here that is for sure, but I would really like her to just get away from here and spend some time alone without the crabs constantly nipping away at her... :unsure:

It has been suggested we try the Mahogany Upland Resort, I checked them out and the place seems nice enough, however due to my disabilities they suggested I be picked up from the Highway as I cannot ride a bike, even habal-habal, so not really sure how far out of the way they are, does anyone know anything about this place?

I think for myself, my wife and daughter it works out around 2800php per night plus food etc... Not too bad compared to some of the others and it is tucked away from city/highway traffic and looks nice and peaceful :smile:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ph/mahogany-upland-resort-com.html

• Like Like x 1
  7. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Looks nice then I tried to find more online about it and found the following;
    Millions of people are using Airbnb to sleep in strangers' homes, beds, and even couches. They have an amazing selection and you can't find their stuff anywhere else. There is a catch: you often need to contact several hosts to actually get a place to stay, so make sure you give yourself some lead time.

Would like to have privacy rather than mixing with other people at this time, just need to escape for a week. Thank you very much for the suggestion tho, maybe it will appeal to others who read this thread. :smile:

9. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have not had any problems using AirBnB. From Florida to Alaska to Hong Kong (a few times) to a little place you may have heard of called Dumaguete. Just select the entire house option and you will have the whole place to yourself.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you for clarifying that, I assumed it was sharing with others/families etc :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1