Dumaguete Info Search

Steve4910

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Steve4910, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    actually if you are brave like Sir Davfiz you can fly to Cebu 4 times a week (20 - 25 minutes airtime) and its about a 10 minute taxi ride to the Toyota dealer.

I stood in Eddies Hotel, quite in the middle between Lone Star and Vikings. In the middle means 3 minutes to either of them.

cheers

Rhoody

2. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LOL Dude, give me an address i'll send you a can opener....:D

Jerry.

3. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Be careful with the "sneaking out" from what I've heard Filipina's go ballistic quite quickly when it comes to that sort of thing... could be dangerous..:D

Jerry.

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    All depends on how fast you can run

5. OP
    OP
    Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jerry, yeah I know that Filipinas get crazy in the head when their man steps outside.hehehe!!! I really miss the go go bar scenes like in Angeles city. Do like most Filipino men do, get far far away from town or take a very short plane trip. I learned a lesson 15 years ago. I had a girlfriend in Cavite, I was offered a ride in this girls jeep just for 15 minute ride and in 48 hours my girlfriend found out. In some of these towns, the people are so bored that its like a network on other peoples personal business. It seems like the locals really keep an eye on what foreignors do.

6. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    expats do stand out, specially in small towns. not just in the philippines.

so don't be surprised. :rolleyes:

7. OP
    OP
    Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know you guys are not lawyers , I have to ask a big legal question cause I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. I got married to a filipina 17 years ago in the Philippines. I got a legal divorce years later in the United States. I then married my 2nd wife in the US. Does the Philippines honor a US divorce ? I keep on hearing that I am still considered legally married to my first wife since there is no divorce in the Philippines. Some people say that I need to get an annulment from my first wife. What do you guys think?

8. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No divorce, annulment you'll need. (specially if you got married in the Philippines, not sure about US Divorce though)

Think? sucks, but that's how it is.

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    If you return to the PI you are still married to your first wife. The second one will get no recognition or rights. You will need an annulment. My question is, did the second wife knew nothing about this or never thought that she would return to the PI?

10. OP
    OP
    Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pedro, we never given it much thought since we are in the United States. American can't own property anyway unless it's a condo. I will have to hire a lawyer in Manila because My wife will petition me for a resident visa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.