Dumaguete Info Search

Steve4910

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Steve4910, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Well this is just what I think..

Bring clothes lots of them.. you could even start your own big and tall store. it may do very well..I haven't seen many Toyota's but you can get a Nissan which does pretty Good. small Four door pick-up they call it a frontier here. I had one when I first came it did an excellent job.The only problem was repair bills. I now want a Suzuki mini van. parts are cheap and easy to get. we just have to have the seat reset back for our legs to have room, then no problems.

Sheets and Towels they are a must have. you can get Beds and pillows that are okay. But sheets and towels impossible. and bring a good toilet seat I had to buy like six of them before they stopped breaking. knives, kitchen hand tools are important too. anything electric that requires a voltage regulator never mind them can't get them fixed and they don't seem to hold-up for very long.

Kitchen spices excellent idea. you can't even get Bush's baked beans here. canned black olives. you may want to think about those too. Couldn't find instant Ice tea mix. lots of little things you can get that make life nice. But you can make sun tea:D

I attached pictures of my truck and a Suzuki mini van. So you have some idea of what I am talking about. Always best not to look to rich in the Philippines.

Attached Files:

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Bless you teacher! Amen to the toilet seat - although I may have found a good one.

3. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks

davfitz I shared your pain when it came to the toilet seat. still wish I could get ice tea mix without lemon and sugar. always seems to have lemon in it hate that. Some many things I would like to tell Steve4910. but at least he knows about the women. LOL

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I love those mini vans. How much is the registration and insurance running you for the Nisson?

I keep thinking about becoming an exporter but looks like I need look deeper into importer and exporter. So you like Bush's too, there is so much everyone seems to miss perhaps becoming a distributor or provider for some of the products we are so accustomed to would be a good business to consider. Light bulbs are going off, just hope they provide enough light to really see clearly.

5. OP
    OP
    Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Davefitz

Thanks for the advice. I can't see myself sitting in those tiny mini vans as large as me. Your right, I do know about the filipina woman. Most jealous woman that I ever met. Sometimes if you tell a filipina that is interested in you that your married, They say no problem. HA ! HA ! HA ! Don't get me wrong i'm no Don Juan by no means. It's because I think they see us as ATM bank machines walking down the street spitting out cash. LOL! These filipinas never cease to amaze me. I must say that they are so cute and way better than American woman. So you don't see many Toyotas in Dumaguete ? I thought there was a dealership there? Being a 6 foot 350 pound guy, I need a large ride. The picture of the red mini vans looks so dam small that you can't scratch your nutz in it.:D My goal is not to look rich either cause that attracts trouble. I was reading about a guy that bought a brand new Toyota Helix in Manila and had it less than 8 hours. They ordered him out of the truck and he said no, then they shot him just for the dam truck.

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I think the minivan/multicab is not the way for you to go. They are small...have motorcycle engines and can barely support airconditioning.

There are plenty of Toyotas around here. I think you are right about not attracting too much attention and having too flashy of a ride. Although Dumaguete is much safer than Manila, I still think the general principle still applies. In addition, I think if you buy a brand-new flashy car, in addition to the safety hazard it may cause for you, you are likely to suffer disappointment as it gets beaten to hell by the local roads and trike drivers.

Hopefully the concreting projects will be complete by the time you arrive, but right now this town is a mess and you would hate driving your brand new rig on these roads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.