Dumaguete Info Search

Store tells shopper: you can't try on blouses

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tomhelenscott, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That business establishment is so unfriendly and anti-customer. One time we had a visitor from Manila who asked to bring his bag as it contained his laptop. After purchasing some groceries, we went out and an alarm sounded. It was the metal detector that reacted to his laptop. The security guards hurried to inspect his bag amidst onlookers. He looked like he stole something from there. He was very embarrassed and vowed never to go back to Lee Plaza.

2. cdbreakable_2

cdbreakable_2 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is true. I am a native Dumaguetena and is sick of the laws and policies here in Dumaguete. The same thing happened to me in Lee Plaza. I asked the salesgirl why they don't allow me to go inside the fitting room,no answer from her. The thing is they don't give a d*mn and they don't care.

My name is Cheryl.

3. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There are many stores here abroad that have an alarm system.My friend and I went shopping,just when we enter the shop suddenly the alarm sounded, then the sales lady alerted and look what's inside our bags.(We are just only even to enter not going out).It's just only because of the bar code of our lipsticks the detectors beside the door suddenly made an alarm.

So far when I was there in dumaguete I don't have bad experiences of Lee Plaza (the sales girls very cooperative to me when i tried to put on 5 jeans, even advising me what kind of jeans fit for me etc..same with blouses.) and other establishments.

The only bad experienced I got the sales girls flirting my boyfriend lol.

4. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The only reason you girls occasionally get us guys in to a department store...

5. pecoskid45

pecoskid45 DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My wife was in Lee Plaze the other day when there was a brownout. They would not let ANYONE exit the store until the power came back, and there
    is only ONE exit.

6. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was buying a ton of electrical gear in there the other day and asked for discount, i was told that i need to talk to a supervisor for discount, when i said get me the supervisor...... they were all on lunch!!!??? who in there right mind sends ALL the floor supervisors to lunch at the same time?

The shop employs idiots..... cos it's run by idiots, i think in general to make the owners look clever!

Like was mentioned in an earlier post, the sooner competition arrives....the better!

7. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It's a combination of the Filipino and Chinese culture or mentality working together to create that kind of suspicious environment. We wonder how these people are into business.

8. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    shopping sucks everywhere, I prefer to know exactly what I want and rush in and out, I would have walked the moment my gf picked 5 blouses and told her I would see her later (or told her that she could take the lot and there was no need to fit)

9. capiceno

capiceno DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this used to be the scene here in roxas city, capiz. when gaisano came in, they all fell down, the people realized there are better things here on earth rather than tolerating them. but, alas, gaisano is going that way too. bad service, uninformed sales persons, etc. that makes shopping a little less fun.
    rumors are fire though, that an SM will be built here - hope it comes through!

10. vangie

vangie DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So sad to hear Lee Plaza got bad reputation:

I was there last year and used to spend most of my time shopping in Lee Plaza but i never encounter these kind of trouble.... in fact they are even very helpful to me and helping me get more of things "jeans" i`d needed to try on i din`t have to go out from the fitting room to get or look for another to fit on. again. the sales girl go and get onother one for me to try on.Well i will be on my holiday soon in the Philippines and will be in Dumaguete too and I hope i will not incounter this problems since Lee La Plaza is the only best department store for me to shop for cloths in Dgte. Hope no one get me wrong......:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.