Dumaguete Info Search

Strawberry plantation in dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by wiNkz, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    speaking of fruit..... I think it's lanzones season there now. I Love them!! Viva Lanzones!!:D

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Strawberries and cream...anyone for tennis.The yearly tennis tournament in Wimbledon London," one has Strawberries and cream" with some Champagne!
    Strawberries are grown fairly easily here in England, either in large pots or by Farmers commercially in furrows along the fields, maybe the cool climate suits the strawberry.

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    prog, yah its right this time is the season for lanzones and rambutan, the good thing about it, is that valencia has now coming with a new breed of lanzones, called the longkong or the seedless type, so eating becomes more merrier, same with the strawberries, newly introduce specie in valencia which suits the cool climate make farmers earn additional income, and maybe making valencia strawberry capital or negros, as bagiuo in the PI

4. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Just strawberries and champagne - women love that combo. I used to live in Wellingborough near Kettering and the house I stayed in had a prolific strawberry vine at the back. Can't remember what time of year it used to fruit but I enjoyed picking the berries in the morning. England have lots of "pick your own" farms where you just go and pick/eat berries till it comes out of your ears. Luvly Jobly :D

5. progmeister

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I don't think I've tasted the longkong variety yet but would love to :smile: rambutan is also nice but I still prefer lanzones. I never imagined that strawberries will be grown in Negros. Cushty!! :D

6. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    this time prog you can imagine, because whenever you can visit valencia, right before your eyes on backyard gardens, and i recommend seeing a farm, its way right side of the concrete street goin to the lagoon(tejeros), fresh fruits and vegetables available.

7. OP
    OP
    wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tenk u so much..India-One.. c")!

8. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

That's good news strawberries now grown in Valencia.I wish many will grow strawberries so dgte will hv continuous supply.Mind you I haven't seen yet when we were there those strawberries sold ,might hv missed them.to mention lansones and rambotan we did part of our holiday there organizing to plant 200 trees including some rambotans and lansones in Valencia , including some hardwood and flowering trees.

9. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    newt, i could in your next vacation to negros ( valencia)you will see strawberries in every backyard, and 3 to 5 years from now you will more than enjoy the fruits of your trees,(may you offer discount to DI member when we buy)

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

India, hopefully most of them survive ,since the monsoon started kicking 2 weeks after we left PI .Nice to get something going in it for now, also good for our carbon footprint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.