Dumaguete Info Search

Stupid Questions from home

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ronv8917, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Ok.......the "Curiosity Only" thread was a lot of fun. So now I have one that may be the same fun for all of us.

I'm guessing that I am not the only guy that gets really stupid questions from former friends back home.

One email asked if I was "still alive" because they thought that I would be kidnapped and killed by terrorists. My reply was that I only sneak around in the dark so the terrorists don't see me.

Another asked if I was having a hard time adjusting to "eating that Philippine food". I replied that it is the same food that I ate in Texas.

But the funniest was a guy I use to work with asked me if having sex was different here. I had a lot of fun with him. I told him that sex is ONLY done here "upside down under water", as was the Philippine tradition. He wrote back because he took me seriously and I had to retract my statement to calm him down because he said he doesn't know how to swim.

And there were several that asked if I was worried about having sex with a 24 year old wife, health wise.....I just told them "if she dies, she dies", I'll find another one.

Maybe it's just my friends are more stupid than most.

Have any of you been asked really stupid questions like that?

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    a good one three days ago...

"i know filipinos use the word black americans for people of color. But, what are the Negros Oriental that you talk about mark in your emails"?

3. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    LOL. The questions sound like they come from the natives themselves. Anyway, I like the answers more than the questions. LOL

4. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Honest! I thought I had intelligent friends until I moved here. Oh, I've had some normal questions like "which side of the road do they drive on" here. My standard answer is "all sides".......

5. xhippie

xhippie DI Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +27 / 7
    the one question i got was....how much did your wifes parents PAY you to marry her...so she could come to the usa and live...shows how much some people know how life is.. in the philippines

6. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Xhippie....I lost (gave up) a long time friend because of her insistance that young girls "are routinely sold to the highest bidders" here by their parents.

7. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    NO Ron, only :wink: cleaver questions so they get also cleaver answers .
    The most I was surprised in my first year here (now 4.5 yrs ago) was the unexpected openess (probably I better call it curiosity :wink:) of our Filipino friends (always the females !) to ask us (mostly to HER !) questions about the sex between my 25 yr yonger partner and me.
    I did not expect that at all since they are here much more shy on that item than we are in my counrty (the Netherlands).
    I had to laugh a lot seeing their faces when they got mine or my partners' honnest answer.
    I am yonger than you Ron, but they already thought that we had to put a day on the callender for me so I could save enough energy for the big moments :D
    My partners' reply was more in the sence of "WHAT ? I have to put a day on the callender that I have to be able to save some energy again :D ".
    My foreign friends have cleaver questions like: "Is it really true what they tell about Filipinas ?".
    My answer: "That's only half of the thruth !"
    Only after this answer they start to become a bit more specific.
    I always enjoy those cleaver questions and it triggers me to find the right answers :wink:

8. OP
    OP
    ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Jellyfish.....that is probably a whole thread by itself.......and you are absolutely right.
    EVERYONE of my wives girlfriends have asked that at some time in the past 10 months.
    At a LTO checkpoint one day, an officer even asked my wife if I could still "do it" at 69 years old (speaking in Visayan), and my wife replied (in Visayan) "every night... for all night' and everybody laughed and the one officer shook my hand. I didn't know what the hell was going on until we got home and she told me what was said. I thanked her for inflating my image with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.