Dumaguete Info Search

Sumilon Island

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Travel Guide, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thanks for finding out the truth!

2. wiNkz

wiNkz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have any estimate on how much it will cost to go to sumilon island via dumaguete? because i know you could actually get to sumilon via cebu..right?

3. Holidayer

Holidayer One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, we are arriving at Dumaguete airport THIS weekend! They tell us that the airport transfer (1-way), from Dumaguete airport to Sumilon Island (where we are staying at Sumilon Bluewater Island Resort), is USD 80 (Php 3500) for two people. I cannot help but feeling that we are being completely overcharged... are we? Are there other options? Or are we paying a fair price?
    Very grateful for quick replies.... Thanks!

4. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yes I can nverify that when I went to Sumilon
    as part fo a group mfrom dumaguete the tour leader had to pay for all of us to go on the sandbar
    attorocious behaviour
    had to beg then even to use their toilet
    resort is ok but the price is just astounding
    70000 P in the Philippines is just ridiculous
    better resorts in the rest of the country can be had for 1500 P
    Their attitude was equalluy bad at bluewater on mactan
    cost me 500 P to get onto the "beach" there and 100 P for a towel
    I ca;ll for a totsal boycot of the greedy Japrun Bluewater resorts.
    I will be placing the japs on my list of people who are ruining the Phils

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi,
    I am not 100% sure about that, but I guess thats the price you pay for an prearranged trip. You can go from the Airport for some 30 peso downtown and try to find somone who knows anotherone who can make the transfer.
    As there is only that resort on the tiny Island they can do a kind of whatever they want.

If I compare it to a trip To Apo Island from Malatapay and I want a safe ride (not sitting in a 70 cm narrow fishing-bangka, without lifewests but broken outriggers) they charge also around 3000 one way, cause they have to go back empty (even they will pick up some others on Apo).

But like I said, I am not sure. But it sounds to me like a typical "Resort-Transfer" price, so it should work out fine and safe for you.

cheers

Rhoody

6. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You are being overcharged for the transfer and you will be overcharged for the room and the food & drinks - the resort caters to japaneese customers that dont ask and dont6 know what things cost here in the philippines
    and you end up on a small boat anyway - they take you from the airport to san jose with their nice van, , then over to cebu on the barge, then their small boat out to sumilan and their overpriced resort - I would stay in dumaguete, dive apo, and arrange a day trip to sumilan from there - try scuba ventures just across and down the street from harold's mansion - siquijor is also worth a trip
    If you have a large group, you can rent a boat to siquijor from liloan for about 4000 peso ( it holds more than 40 people and is tons safer than the bluewater boat) plus the Oslob municipal fees per person (see my info in above replies)

7. Cincygal

Cincygal DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys/gals....it's been quite a long time since I last checked in. anyhow...I took notice of this discussion and something caught my attention....the geographical locations of the mentioned islands/areas. First and foremost, Siquijor is never a part of Mindanao, which is very physically and politically improbable or impossible, if I may say. Sumilon Island, on the other hand, (just for the information of our good members) has just been decided as belonging to the local gov't of Cebu (island was being claimed by both Cebu and Negros). Liloan is also under Cebu Province...as for Tacot and the other unfamiliar island...I haven't the faintest idea where they are...dont ring a bell to me. Anyway, all those above mentioned islands have been known locally to be great diving spots in the Visayas....among others. So go for it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.