Dumaguete Info Search

Taxi's

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Dong, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm a little concerned about transportation between Dauin, and Dumaguete.

Can we just get a taxi from the airport to Dauin? What about a cab from Dauin to Dumaguete?

I read something about mulitcabs that drive that route. Do multicabs replace jeepneys due to road conditions? Are the roads really THAT bad?

I'm wondering if maybe we should rent a car, instead of trying to rely on public transportation.

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    There are Taxis at the airport, don't know what the rates are. If you have a lot of luggage taxi is the best bet, or get a trike to Dumaguete then a muticab to Dauin. Roads are bad for about 1 mile.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Again i can recommend dumaguetecars (need to spam for him after he gave me a great rate for the DI meeting...) , I also know that the Resorts offer transfers. Should be around 800 and 1000 Peso for a Van.

If you get to the "Dauin Terminal" in Dumaguete a private Multicap should be around 200 - 250 PHP.

4. OP
    OP
    Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The private multi-cab sounds like a good option, if I can fit inside...

What about getting back into Duma, from the resort in Dauin? Is it ever a problem finding a multi-cab for the return trip?

5. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Taxis at the airport and charge a flat fee based on where you are going. (Maybe P600 from the airport to Dauin...just a guess.) You will not find taxis in Dauin (or anywhere other than the airport). You can arrange for a taxi to come out to Dauin and pick you up, but you would probably be better off simply renting a motorbike or car for your transportation once you have arrived. Rhoody mentioned the car place, and several places rent motorbikes downtown. (They typically cost P250/day with discounts if you are renting for 3 or more days.)

The main highway is pretty good except for the patches that are still be torn-up/concreted. Now, the other roads off the main highway are spotty.

6. OP
    OP
    Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm starting to think that there is no regular jeepney, or multicab route running from Dauin, to Dumaguete.

So there are no taxi's other than at the airport? Wow, good to know.

Me and wifey will be there Saturday morning, and return to Manila Tuesday afternoon.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    like I said just 2 posts before there are regular Multicaps from the "Dauin Terminal" in Duma they are tiny and start exactly when 14 people are in, no matter how big or small or what they carry, cost to Dauin 15 PHP per head

8. OP
    OP
    Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know what you said 2 posts before...

I get it, we can ride a multicab from Duma to Dauin...

If you read the post I put up, I'm concerned about riding back from Dauin, to Duma.

9. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    The multi-cabs, jeepneys and buses run both ways. From Dmgte to Dauin and from Dauin to Dmgte.

You may have already posted this, but where you are staying? As you may need to "hoof-it" a bit from the highway where a public utility jeep, multi-cab or bus will drop you to your resort of choice and vice versa. Unless your budget is very tight, you could just grab a taxi (or resort service) at the airport, then ask them to stop in town where you can rent a bike. Then, you have your own transportation. Or if you need or prefer a car, you can do that.

10. OP
    OP
    Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We're planning to stay at Mikes resort in Dauin. Still trying to figure out the best plan, since the trip is supposed to be to look at housing, schools, shopping, ect in and around Dumaguete. Might just find a hotel in Dumaguete, and only spend one night at Mikes resort, if it's a pain traveling back and forth between Dauin, and Duma.

I'm trying to find a place to relocate our family to. A couple of years living in Manila is enough for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.