Dumaguete Info Search

Television shows

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tfa1957, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have a question about watching tv online. My wife and I follow a couple of shows on tv and sometimes we are out and miss them or forget to record them, so we will watch the show online the next day. I was wondering if one of you guys could logon to NBC network TV Network for Primetime, Daytime and Late Night Television Shows - NBC Official Site and see if your able to watch any of the available tv shows. Sometimes these sites don't work overseas, and I was wondering if the main 3 networks worked. I'd really appreciate someone checking this out and letting us know your results.

Thanks,

Tom

2. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi tfa

I tried the NBC site from here in Perth Australia and get an error message "not available from your destination" for the full length episodes. I can watch the short clips only.

cheers

lofty

3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I tried it

Here in Alaska and it worked just fine.

4. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks guys.

As I thought, the networks only allow domestic isp to show these tv shows and movies. Once your in asia, or down under most and sometimes all the site is blocked. I was hoping we'd be able to watch a couple of our favorite shows online, but it doesn't look promising. Again, thank you 2 very much.

Sincerely,

Tom

5. up2u

up2u DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just download what you want from a torrent site, its less inconvenient than 'real' TV

6. OP
    OP
    tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi up2u,

Excellent idea. See, thats' why I like this site, it helps retards like me. Serioiusly, I hadn't thought of that at all, and I looked at some of the torrent sites, and it seems as though it is better to d/l the shows and bypass the commercials.

Thanks,
    Tom

7. up2u

up2u DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mininova.org is one of the better ones for US shows and utorrent is a good client to download them with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.