Dumaguete Info Search

That ever popular subject the Weather

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by up2u, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    A smile amid La Nina adversity.This photo downloaded from this blog : Caraga Disaster body warns civilians on possible landslides, flooding due continuous rain : Mindanao

Whitewater rafting might not be good in this condition ,possibilities of getting stranded in a pig sty, but having a canoe might be helpful.

Or think about your house halfway sticking out of a pool of water like in two photos of this blog :La Nina & Whale Sharks in South Luzon ... and aren't you lucky out there in Duma and surrounding areas ...only downpours here n there ? You could have something like this , it isn't nice n cosy >>>Mediascrape | Deadly landslides strike Philippines ... perhaps not just yet,hope not.

Attached Files:

2. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks PN for that update on Surigao. The misses and I will be there the first part of next month for about a week but we had not heard about the flooding there from our people there.

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    so we are not all as smart as the newt... but copy and paste is an art!

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You're a poet, and you didn't know it.

5. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

oh well , why not ? now you've said it .

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

muddyfeet,the flooding must be only restricted within particular area in surigao and might not all of entire surigao.same as last yr (july-august ) when we were there .manila was badly flooded and few landslides in luzon . whilst us in negros and the visayas were basking in sunshine like forever ,no rain or might only be less noticable drizzle.but when you watch the BBC and it's the BBC news ,seemed portrayed as if it was the entire philippines submerged in floods .When infact they only shot it around part of manila where the flood was .How helpful was that.

7. purpleribbon

purpleribbon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello everyone, i am just new in this forum. i find this forum so helpful especially now that my husband and i, together with our aunt and uncle, are planning to visit dumaguete this coming March 29-April 1.

i really dont want to be disappointed with the Sandbar. I really want to see it on its low tide season. how is the weather in dumaguete now? when is the usual low tide season so that we would see the Sandbar?

thank you so much to those who will reply.

8. OP
    OP
    up2u

up2u DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The weather does at last seem to be turning with more hot sunny days over the last week. Hopefully the heavy rains may be over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.