Dumaguete Info Search

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Apr 19, 2008.

?

The Big Robinson Dumaguete Poll

1. Yes, I am living here(part or the full time) and want more shopping options movie-theaters/cultur

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No,I am living here(part or the full time) and like Duma like it is, I go to other cities if needed

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I don't care, I will never visit Dumaguete anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, I come for a holiday and it is nice to have more restaurants and places to hang out with friend

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. No, I come for a holiday and chose Dumaguete because of the sleepy relaxed flair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. sorry, I am not sure if I like or not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whtrahonky

whtrahonky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YABS after being told so many times by other members now I can say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY"

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    jellyfish
    I will stop repaeting myself when others here stop repeating themselves
    telling me to go because i don't like it.
    Given the absence of malls I think i am more in my right than them to tell them
    to go.
    Rhoody. I'm all for advancemnet but not commercilaisation
    The way the city has grown in the last few years is great
    far more bars and and places to eat but i like individulaity.
    I don't like American crap with neon. As its a university town then
    I would have thought that this would also be true of many of the people here.
    The love of Macdonalds over places like hayahay and others serving real food
    is for sure in direct correlation with lower IQs.
    Hence i would have thought this mall would be a nono.

Anyway enough with this site
    No offence we can meet for drinks but i will no longer support a site that
    puts Macdonalds and malls ahead of more pressing issues like waste water treatment.
    I thought higher of this site and hoped it could be used to do some good
    but obviously it is just a commercial venture that will ultimatley help with the destruction of Dumaguete as we know it.
    Sure I was naive for thinking a nice place could remain nice
    see ya

3. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just back from dasmarinas cavite, 2 malls S.M and robinson mall, Robinson mall a very sad sight, failing badly, S.M packed, probably for every 1 that goes to robinson 50 go to SM mall, Amazing contrast. maybe some one more informed than me can explain it.

4. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ANOTHER EMPTY COCONUT SHELL.....you better put something new on your shell ....

5. dgterunner

dgterunner DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Rumor No. 1:p SM will be buying the South City Elemtary School in Brgy Mangnao located in the South National Hiway, in addition SM will build a new SCES in other location.

Rumor No. 2:rolleyes: Another group buying St. Louis School and relocate it in Valencia.

Rumor No. 3:smile: the down town will be free from traffic congestions because the City is in its way putting up diversion road keeping travellers from the north to pass downtown.

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Wow, still a controversial subject,

The environmental impact alone is reason enough to question the building on lowland real estate. These issues along with sewage treatment, traffic issues, and water run off, are reasons enough to question the wisdom of planting a super mall on that spot.

It doesn't bother me one way or the other about having a robinsons in dumaguete, frankly, if they don't come someone else will eventually, it can't be stopped.
    The point is whether that piece of land is suitable for all the reasons brought up previously.

There is a plan to have a bypass route traffic around Dumaguete, it is not a rumor, just don't hold your breath about what year it will be started.

By the way a recent report has the rivers in Negros among the most polluted with choliform bacteria in the Philippines, and getting worse. also. Dengue infections are up 70% over last year in Dumaguete. Maybe these issues should draw more attention than the fate of a shopping mall for the convenience of expats.

7. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    RHB
    thats exactly my point
    There are far more pressing issues other than malls etc
    This site is an ideal opportunity to have some postive influence
    but without being too rude i have yet to see it.
    The most pressing concerns right now are sanitation and waste water treatment. Lets get that soirted first , then we can talk about malls and junk food if you so wish.

8. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If they want to promote marine tourism they have to remember one thing
    people do not like swimming in sh*t!!

9. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yabs, things like that are called development and they have to go hand in hand...
    waste water treatment is a serious issue here in Dumaguete and there has to be a solution. As everybody agrees on that it is a kind of boring cause there will be no discussion...

Who of you Environmental-Protectors goes shopping and tells the shop no plastic. Who brings the own Tupperware or bags...

When I think about the Pix of the other thread with all that plastic bags I can say proudly... NONE of them is mine.
    Are you doing something or just talking... I know its only something very very small but it helps without any special effort...

10. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rhoods
    it is not boring for me and if it gets enough exposure then maybe something will be done
    I have lived in Asia long enough to know that development does not go hand in hand with any environmental protection unless it hits where it hurts ie the pocket and in most cases development causes further environmental degredation
    the more developmnet there is the worse the problem
    IE all large towns will have more polluted rivers and seas than around smal;ler ones
    There is a direct relationship between population and development and pollution
    the more development the more pollution
    so by wanting malls and the city to expand you are actually asking for more pollution. I'm surprised you cannot see this.
    I will be meeting up with Earl this time and maybe we can come up with something but maybe this site could have a big section on it
    You said its a problem but I see no mention of it on the front page
    all I ever see is talk of macdonalds and malls coming.
    I for one NEVER take plastic to the beach and leave it there and if I'm swimming and I find bags floating will always pick them up and return them to a bin .
    I enjot the banter here and always up for a beer but like the Teach will leave this ite soon if all I see is talk of destroying Dumaguete with malls and other overdevelopment with no talk of how to protect what Dumaguete has that attracts people in the first place and that has never been and never will be malls.
    I also live by this rule
    If you find somewhere nice, DON"T TELL anyone
    this site and Palawan info is telling the whole world
    can anything good come out of this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.